Reapplicant advice? I don't know what to do!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

epicurious

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm on one alternate list and need to get myself in gear for a re-application. I would be thrilled if it wasn't needed, but better safe than sorry!

I'm 31, non-trad, working for several years in international health with good upward progression within the organization. I have a masters and Peace Corps experience. My undergrad gpa wasn't great - 3.0 science, 3.39 cumulative, but a 3.8 masters gpa. Then the horrendous MCAT 27.

I need to re-take the MCAT, but worried that the score won't go up substantially by August. Should I retake in September (more prep time) and reapply with my current stats? Should I take science courses to improve my academic standing?

I work full-time, plus more. The experience keeps me involved in health work, pays the bills and is my alternative if this doesn't work out.

I was waitlisted at 4 schools, interviewed at 1 and rejected from many. Any advice or similar experiences?

Members don't see this ad.

I do nlt have similiar experience but you GPA/MCAT with EC seem to be a good candidate for DO. Just apply as soon as you can and you should be in a good position.