• Funniest Story on the Job Contest Starts Now!

Contest starts now and ends September 27th. Winner will receive a special user banner and $10 Amazon Gift card!

JOIN NOW
  • Site Updates Coming Next Week

Site updates are coming next week on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Click the button below to learn more!

LEARN MORE

Reapplicant Help. Really screwed myself over.

HopefulMD1996

Oct 12, 2018
I applied this past cycle and am currently on a handful of waitlists. I am now in the midst of needing to reapply for next cycle under the assumption that I wont get off any of these waitlist. The problem is that I had to take an upper level math class to finish my degree despite not having taken a legitimate math class in 7+ years. Long story short I did not do well and received a "D" in this upper level calculus class.

Is this a class that I would need to retake before I reapply as it is not a prereq? Will this have an bearing on this current cycle if I do get accepted from a waitlist I am currently on??

gonnif

Rule One: Take a Breath
10+ Year Member
Jul 26, 2009
The Big Bad Apple
  1. Non-Student
I applied this past cycle and am currently on a handful of waitlists. I am now in the midst of needing to reapply for next cycle under the assumption that I wont get off any of these waitlist. The problem is that I had to take an upper level math class to finish my degree despite not having taken a legitimate math class in 7+ years. Long story short I did not do well and received a "D" in this upper level calculus class.

Is this a class that I would need to retake before I reapply as it is not a prereq? Will this have an bearing on this current cycle if I do get accepted from a waitlist I am currently on??
Prereq isnt the issue. If you get off an acceptance, you will have been required to complete you academic work in a reasonable standard. Some schools may say that is a C or better. You will only know this answer if 1) you get an acceptance and 2) see if you need to appeal or request a waiver. It certainly will not help if you are reapplicant

mmchick

2+ Year Member
Sep 4, 2017
  1. Medical Student
So did this D count as passing so that you could successfully get your degree? Like gonnif said, WL schools will want to see your transcripts and expect you continued to perform to satisfactory level. Whether it'll be an issue for WL schools will depend school-to-school.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.