Reapplicant if didn't complete last years app

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AfemaleAries

Pre-med
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if you didn't complete the full application (ie. secondaries) for a school are you still considered a reapplicant? What about to schools you haven't applied to the year before? I graduated with a double major in biology and psychology with a 3.66 cum and 3.5 science. My second MCAT score was 10 verbal, 9 bio, 8, phys. Q writing.... much better than my 24M the first time. I just couldn't bring myself to retake the MCAT a third time. What do you think my chances are for both low tier MD and DO schools?

Members don't see this ad.

I was wondering if you didn't complete the full application (ie. secondaries) for a school are you still considered a reapplicant? What about to schools you haven't applied to the year before? I graduated with a double major in biology and psychology with a 3.66 cum and 3.5 science. My second MCAT score was 10 verbal, 9 bio, 8, phys. Q writing.... much better than my 24M the first time. I just couldn't bring myself to retake the MCAT a third time. What do you think my chances are for both low tier MD and DO schools?
I believe that even if you havent submitted a secondary, you're still considered a reapplicant if you submitted AMCAS with that school on it. Your gpa is fine, your mcat is a little on the low side for MD schools but I have heard of people getting interviews with a 27 mcat. You should get some DO interviews though. Best of Luck :luck:

I believe that even if you havent submitted a secondary, you're still considered a reapplicant if you submitted AMCAS with that school on it. Your gpa is fine, your mcat is a little on the low side for MD schools but I have heard of people getting interviews with a 27 mcat. You should get some DO interviews though. Best of Luck :luck:
+1

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks! That was a quick response and I figured that my MCATs are what kept me from getting in the first time.