Reapplicant: need help with school list please and thank you

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

projectwad3

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I applied last year to about 9 schools, got interview to my state school (UW) and was later rejected. I want to apply broadly this year so I need help with my school list. oGPA: 3.42 sGPA: 3.47. DAT : 21 AA 20 PAT 21 TS. Nothing below 20. over 300 hrs shadowing/assisting. good LORS and ECs. Rewrote PS.

1. uw
  2. oregon
  3. uop
  4. western
  5. midwestern az
  6. midwestern ill
  7. roseman
  8. unlv
  9. nova
  10. lecom
  11. tufts
  12. boston
  13. nyu
  14. temple
  15. pitt
  16. case western
  17. Louisville
  18. Creighton
  19. UDM
  20. Maryland
  21. VCU
  22. Marquette
  23. Buffalo
The first 16 I'm set on. Any recommendations on 17-23? or other schools?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just a couple tips, though you probably already know this:

Practice your interviewing skills as well. Be prepared for any and all questions as possible. Most universities have a department where they set up mock interviews, so do those if you want. Also make sure you have good posture, body language, and are well spoken.. improve them if they aren't strong.

Your gpa and dat is average (surprised you only got 1 interview..guess it depends where you applied), so you must wow them in the interview.

Wow I'm really surprised you didn't get in last cycle...though I guess this depends on what schools you applied to. I think the list looks good overall. 23 is a lot, but you should apply to how many you feel you need to apply to.

More relevant than this IMO--what are your reflections from the last cycle? Can you see any holes in your application that needed to be filled? Did you contact any dental school admissions offices to see whether they could impart some wisdom as to what they thought you should improve? What did you do to improve your application from last cycle to this cycle?