Reapplicant school list help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

iTrue

2+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
You could add these MD schools:
USF Morsani
Washington University (in St. Louis-almost a guaranteed interview with your stats)
St. Louis
Western Michigan
Mount Sinai
Carle Illinois
Tufts
Boston University
Kaiser

I think it's more your lack of non-clinical community service that stretches you outside your comfort zone from the last cycle that really hurt you. If you are addressing these deficiencies, you may have a better shot to turn a WL to an A the next time through.

Members don't see this ad :)
I think it's more your lack of non-clinical community service that stretches you outside your comfort zone from the last cycle that really hurt you. If you are addressing these deficiencies, you may have a better shot to turn a WL to an A the next time through.
I was planning on serving with AmeriCorps during my gap year. Do you think that would help my application or would you recommend something more medically focused?

I was planning on serving with AmeriCorps during my gap year. Do you think that would help my application or would you recommend something more medically focused?
Americorps will definitely help, and I know there are some opportunities they offer that are clinical-adjacent. As long as it is an immersive experience with a population you may not have had much interaction with to date, you'll optimize your application's desirability. Will you begin by the time you submit your application? If not, you may want to wait.

Americorps will definitely help, and I know there are some opportunities they offer that are clinical-adjacent. As long as it is an immersive experience with a population you may not have had much interaction with to date, you'll optimize your application's desirability. Will you begin by the time you submit your application? If not, you may want to wait.
That makes sense, and I am planning to apply to ones that are centered around access to healthcare for the underserved.

I just submitted my application and I was planning on starting sometime in August or September and continuing until matriculation. This is essentially what I would be doing full time for my gap year.

Reactions: 1 user