• Scariest Story Contest

Now that it's getting close to Halloween, we're running a contest to hear your scariest stories! These can be scary stories that you've experienced or stories that you've heard and the story with the most reactions will win!

JOIN CONTEST

Reapplicant Secondaries

Luu26

Jun 11, 2020
  1. Pre-Medical
    One of the questions on the secondaries I'm preparing for asks whether or not I consider myself to have been raised or residing in an area that is medically underserved. Since I haven't moved, my answer will pretty much be the same. I know its looked down upon to send the same essay during reapplication, but since there really wasn't any change, would it be wrong to use the same essay? My concern would be trying to reword the same essay from last year despite little to no change. The only thing I could think of would be to mention how COVID affected the areas I live/work in, but I believe it to be unnecessary? Thanks in advance :)

MedSchoolTutors

Top MCAT/USMLE/COMLEX Tutors Answer Your Questions
    Vendor
    2+ Year Member
    Apr 25, 2019
    www.medschooltutors.com
    1. Medical Student
    2. Resident [Any Field]
    3. Attending Physician
      And honestly, change some stuff around if you can. If the committee member reviewing your secondaries looks at your previous app and sees you used the same exact essay, it could be perceived as laziness.

Kevin W, MCAT Tutor
      Med School Tutors

Reactions: 1 user
      About the Ads
      This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
      2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
      5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
      6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      7. This thread is locked.