Reapplicant-sending in DAT scores

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sks2286

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey I just wanted some opinions on what i should do.

I applied this year. On the wait list at UIC and have not had a decision from SIUE which is ridic because i interviewed with them in november. But their class is not full right now so i have still have a decent chance at getting in this year.

I am starting to prepare for next years cycle though. My original dat score was a little weak 18AA/18PT/19TS. I plan on retaking it in mid to late June. Im not good at these tests and I need alot of work to improve. Already bought the DATdestroyer. Im going to open the AADSAS on the 15th and turn it in soon as possible.

So my question is should i send my original DAT scores to all the schools? Do they need DAT scores for an application to be on the top of the pile when they look at applications. Im applying to 15 schools so its gonna be expensive to send out scores that dont matter. or can i wait till i take the dat again and then send out the new DAT scores.

Any advice is much appreciated.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

each school is different; I would call each one and ask. Also, June is not terribly late, so you would probably be ok holding off until you retook the DAT.

When you retake, the ADA will send both sets of scores to the schools. Hopefully, your scores will be better rather than worse. If your scores are competitive at your schools of interest as is then you are in good shape. If you think they will be worse then send the scores you have before you retest. Then you can send updated scores when you score 30/30/30.

Alternatively, you could apply and not submit the scores until you retake the DAT. Your application will be incomplete until the scores are received by the school -depending on the test date your application may not be complete until way late in the cycle. This could be to your disadvantage for the secondary/application review/interview/admission decision before Dec 1, 2008 cycle.

Either way, submit AADSAS as early as possible and follow up on any secondary application information. When you reapply the schools expect you to be a pro at the application and interview process.

GL on becoming a member of the class of 2013.

Members don't see this ad :)
on the application you can put down your current dat scores and future dat test date. i think the future dat test date is enough to tell the schools to look at your new dat?

Thanks for all the help

After reading your replies, I think im going to take the DAT around early June and not request to send my original dat scores to the schools im applying to. Hopefully I will do well on my dat and get in next year or even better get off those waitlists!

Thanks for all the help

After reading your replies, I think im going to take the DAT around early June and not request to send my original dat scores to the schools im applying to. Hopefully I will do well on my dat and get in next year or even better get off those waitlists!

Hey, I definitely understand what your saying man. I was waitlisted and I didnt feel like my scores were good enough on the DAT, I got the Destroyer, I want to retake DAT by July but send application MAY 15th. Someone who did it before told me that he applied first day May 15th then Took DAT in July and got into all schools as early applicant. So thats what I will do. I think you have to indicate your previous DAT's on the application and indicate future date fof taking it. So please ensure you tell them, you may get reviewed with the old DAT and if not accepted then they may wait for your new DAT to make a final decision. Good luck to US!!