Reapplicant with June MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

socalpremed09

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I am a reapplicant, and I am planning on retaking my MCAT to boost my score. However, I have always heard that the earlier you submit, the better.

If I submit in June, but I don't get my new MCAT score until July, what happens? Is it possible for schools to screen me out before they even see my second score?

Or should I just wait until my MCAT comes out? (late July)

I'm basically wondering if I should wait until the June MCAT score comes out in July to submit, or submit earlier (I have a 29S)

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys,

I am a reapplicant, and I am planning on retaking my MCAT to boost my score. However, I have always heard that the earlier you submit, the better.

If I submit in June, but I don't get my new MCAT score until July, what happens? Is it possible for schools to screen me out before they even see my second score?

Or should I just wait until my MCAT comes out? (late July)

I'm basically wondering if I should wait until the June MCAT score comes out in July to submit, or submit earlier (I have a 29S)

I would recommend submitting earlier than late July (even though that is not terribly late), so AMCAS can have your transcripts/application verified by the time your new MCAT result is available. There is a part of the AMCAS application where you can note that you are taking a future MCAT; some schools will process your application with your first scores and then add your second score at a later date. Other schools will wait for your second score. Another option that some applicants use is that they submit early with only one school listed in their application, which is the minimum schools need to submit and start the verification process. Then when the new MCAT results are available, they will add other schools to their application. That way your transcripts are verified early and you can send your application to other schools the day your results are available, ensuring that they see your new score when they review your application.

Hope this helps. Good luck.

-admissions committee interviewer / senior medical student (~44 hours to go)

I would recommend submitting earlier than late July (even though that is not terribly late), so AMCAS can have your transcripts/application verified by the time your new MCAT result is available. There is a part of the AMCAS application where you can note that you are taking a future MCAT; some schools will process your application with your first scores and then add your second score at a later date. Other schools will wait for your second score. Another option that some applicants use is that they submit early with only one school listed in their application, which is the minimum schools need to submit and start the verification process. Then when the new MCAT results are available, they will add other schools to their application. That way your transcripts are verified early and you can send your application to other schools the day your results are available, ensuring that they see your new score when they review your application.

Thanks so much! This certainly helps! :)

Another option that some applicants use is that they submit early with only one school listed in their application, which is the minimum schools need to submit and start the verification process. Then when the new MCAT results are available, they will add other schools to their application. That way your transcripts are verified early and you can send your application to other schools the day your results are available, ensuring that they see your new score when they review your application.

I am in the same boat as the op, and i had never thought of this. Thanks so much