Reapplicant with Masters: Advice Pls!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TFairy14

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone! My situation is the following:
I was rejected from the 2006 application cycle with a 3.1 GPA, and a 2.85 science gpa, I have since gotten a 4.0 GPA in a masters of biology program at Central Connecticut State University. My overall gpa is now a 3.23 with a 3.09 science gpa. I re-took the DAT with the following results:

First Time Second Time

PA 14 16
QR14 15
RC25 18
Bio19 19
GC19 19
OC17 18
TS18 19
AA19 18

Not too good as you can see....
Does anyone have any oponions on what my chances are now? Should I re-take the DAT a third time? Any thoughts/suggestions/ideas would be much appreciated! Thank you!!

Members don't see this ad.

i'd say retake the DAT again. Did you use Kaplan or DAT destroyer to study the other times? Try using those if you didn't, if you did use them.. well just try to understand the material better and in more detail. Try to look through some old textbooks and do problems similar to the ones in the DAT study guide. You also have an advantage you know what to expect. You'll be fine. Go the extra mile and you will get in somewhere :)

i'd say retake the DAT again. Did you use Kaplan or DAT destroyer to study the other times? Try using those if you didn't, if you did use them.. well just try to understand the material better and in more detail. Try to look through some old textbooks and do problems similar to the ones in the DAT study guide. You also have an advantage you know what to expect. You'll be fine. Go the extra mile and you will get in somewhere :)

Ditto. The Destroyer gets raves on the Dat Forum, I would seriously get that book if you haven't already. I didn't like the Kaplan book, I felt it was too general. Good luck

Members don't see this ad :)
Take it a 3rd time, take it a fourth time....take it however many times to get 20's across the board. Focus on the PAT, it's the easiest one you can get good scores in, only if you practice practice practice. This works your left brain and the only way you can get good at something like playing the piano is practicing daily.

Thank you so much for your replies! I guess I was kind of hoping that the 4.0 from a masters program would carry me--that's a bad idea isn't it?