Reapplicant

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Vvvvconcerned

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

So my question are:

1) Is it ok that 33% of my schools are schools I previously applied to? should it be lower?
2) I didn't do a post bac, but finished pre-reqs and retook the mcat and finished americorps? I applied last year and I'm not sure this was enough improvement?
3) Is there anyone who can tell me if Rochestor accepts reapplicants?

Mcat 514
Cgpa and Spa 3.4

Members don't see this ad.

1) Is it ok that 33% of my schools are schools I previously applied to? should it be lower?

It all depends upon how much you've improved your app since the last time. Also, what schools are you applying to this time?

2) I didn't do a post bac, but finished pre-reqs and retook the mcat and finished americorps? I applied last year and I'm not sure this was enough improvement?
Might be enough

Mcat 514
Cgpa and Spa 3.4

The GPAs are hurting you, but if you have a solid rising GPA trend, that will help.

School List: (ORM and Ohio resident)

Marshall
Arizona
USC (south carolina)
WMed (reapplicant)
West Virginia (reapplicant)
Louisville
Wright State (reapplicant)
OSU
Toledo (reapplicant)
Case Western
Cincinnati (reapplicant)
University of Central Florida
Wake Forest
GW
Rush
Creighton
Loma Linda (reapplicant)
NYMC
SUNY
Temple
Drexel
Jefferson
UNC
Cooper
Minnesota
Oregon
Rochestor (reapplicant)
Georgetown (reapplicant) - reach school
Brown (reapplicant)-reach school
Cornell (reapplicant) -reach school

Members don't see this ad :)
For what it's worth, I just got an interview at a school I'm a reapplicant to. However, I also took a fair amount of time between the cycles working to improve my application. Without doing that, I sincerely doubt I would've gotten an interview. Point is, being a reapplicant isn't a death sentence provided you spend the time and effort to actually fix your deficiencies, show improvement, and use your time between applications wisely.

You got a lot of state schools that you are not IS for on your list. Drop Marshall, WV, AZ, Louisville, UCF, Rush if you dont have tons of volunteer experience, UNC, SUNY, Cooper, Minnesota, Oregon, and USC (Greenville.. meh 88k OOS tuition, don't bother with USC Columbia). Look for more private schools to add.

Why are you applying to certain OOS schools like Oregon who take like nobody from OOS? I would add more of the lower tier privates like Oakland, Rosalind Franklin, Loyola, etc. which you wouldn't be a reapplicant to either

Your school list is terrible. I would start from scratch and remove all of those state schools. I hope you have MSAR.

Reactions: 1 users
Agree with above. State schools that accept a majority of in state students make exceptions for superstars or people with real ties to the state and region. You need to add more private schools and delete the ones you have essentially no chance of getting into. Though they will be happy to take your money.
Are you just applying now or is this planning for next year? It's not late yet, but you better get moving if you're going to add a bunch of schools.
Good luck.

--
Il Destriero

Thank you all for the advice. I removed all the state schools except for Minnesota since I lived there for a bit of time. I'm applying this year, but I needed to wait to add schools due to financial reasons. I'll have secondaries done by labor day. Will I still stand a chance?