reapplicants put in back of the line?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

coachman5

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

My question is if you are a reapplicant to a school, will they give you the same consideration as first time applicants? When I talked to the director of admissions at BU, she seemed to hint that they don't, saying that they wouldn't give me another interview since I was a reapplicant, and that my file wouldn't even be looked at until they finished with all the first time applicants. It seems like a rotten deal.

The only schools I have received interviews from this year are ones I didn't apply to last year. (aadsas submitted aug 7). This sucks balls since my two favorite schools are the two Boston schools I applied to last year.

Seeing this pattern, I've decided to now add four more schools to my aadsas (of course it's now ridiculously late) and to basically give up my hopes of staying in Boston. My boyfriend only recently finally got around to telling me which grad schools he's applying to, so we can coordinate which cities to apply in . We want stay together, whether its in Boston or we have to move elsewhere.

Like probably all reapplicants out there, I'm honestly terrified of my chances and am trying to maintain hope that things will turn out better for me this year.

Members don't see this ad.

I don't know...I've gotten interiews at schools I applied to last cycle. They DID ask me "so...you're reapplying? Didnt work out so well for you last time, did it?" and they expected me to explain what's changed since the last time I applied. But I haven't felt that it's hurt me so far. Maybe because last cycle, most of the schools I applied to didn't even LOOK at my October submitted application.

Oh yea, good luck!!

Members don't see this ad :)
well, this obviously sucks! i wanna go to nyu; they gave me an offer last year and i didnt take it because i was 90% sure of getting into a canadian school i had interviewed at. but that stupid school waitlisted me. so, now, ive applied to nyu again! they probably wanna shoot me now:mad:

this is bad, bad news for me. ive applied to almost the same schools as last time!

Hi,

My question is if you are a reapplicant to a school, will they give you the same consideration as first time applicants? When I talked to the director of admissions at BU, she seemed to hint that they don't, saying that they wouldn't give me another interview since I was a reapplicant, and that my file wouldn't even be looked at until they finished with all the first time applicants. It seems like a rotten deal.

The only schools I have received interviews from this year are ones I didn't apply to last year. (aadsas submitted aug 7). This sucks balls since my two favorite schools are the two Boston schools I applied to last year.

Seeing this pattern, I've decided to now add four more schools to my aadsas (of course it's now ridiculously late) and to basically give up my hopes of staying in Boston. My boyfriend only recently finally got around to telling me which grad schools he's applying to, so we can coordinate which cities to apply in . We want stay together, whether its in Boston or we have to move elsewhere.

Like probably all reapplicants out there, I'm honestly terrified of my chances and am trying to maintain hope that things will turn out better for me this year.

im not sure on BUs policy... but i know Case often accept reapplicants from last years waitlist without re-interviewing.

Overall, I've gotten better responses from schools I have reapplied to. My main problem last year was getting my app out late (near the end of september).