Reapplicants, what are your stats and why were you rejected?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dancingdoctor

Dancing since 1985
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
What are your stats and why were you rejected?

Cumulative/Science GPA
MCAT
Undergrad school
Grad school
Did you apply to low/mid/upper tier schools?
How many schools did you apply to?
Reason of rejection?

Members don't see this ad.

What are your stats and why were you rejected?

Cumulative/Science GPA
MCAT
Undergrad school
Grad school
Did you apply to low/mid/upper tier schools?
How many schools did you apply to?
Reason of rejection?
You missed the reason I was rejected.....not enough clinical exposure/volunteer work. It's between that and applying to too many upper tier schools my first two years. This year is already looking much better now that I've adjusted for these things.

Cumulative/Science GPA:Cum. First 3.49, now 3.58 BCPM: Then 3.12, now 3.25
MCAT: 31p
Undergrad school: Pitt
Grad school
Did you apply to low/mid/upper tier schools? Good breadth of schools,
How many schools did you apply to? first time 10, second time 19
Reason of rejection? I ithink it was due to my low science GPA and small school selection. But, i improved both in my senior year and got a variety of honors (Phi Beta Kappa, Departmental and University Honors) upon graduation. I like my chancesx alot better this time around, but i have back up plans in the works if the second time doesnt work for me.

Members don't see this ad :)
Cumulative/Science GPA - uGPA - 3.69, BCPM - 3.69, Grad GPA - 3.90
MCAT 31P (2003) & 38Q (2006)
Undergrad school - University of Toronto (Human Bio/Zoo double major and Anthro minor)
Grad school - University of Toronto (clinical neuroscience)
Did you apply to low/mid/upper tier schools? I'm not sure if there is such a thing in Canada
How many schools did you apply to? 5 Canadian schools (UofT, Queens, Western, McMaster, Ottawa)
Reason of rejection? Canadian schools are crazy! This year, I'm applying to 15 US schools (some top, some mid tier) and 7 Canadian. Hopefully, I'll get some interviews this time around.

:smuggrin:
You missed the reason I was rejected.....not enough clinical exposure/volunteer work. It's between that and applying to too many upper tier schools my first two years. This year is already looking much better now that I've adjusted for these things.

see md appls 5808

same reason as above. cali is cut throat

I have a sub-average GPA (3.29) and a mediocre MCAT (29). Those certainly didnt help me at many schools, but compound that with a few months of volunteering experience in two local hospitals, and you have an applicant who is nothing more than your ho-hum student.

Since then, I have entered the SMP program at Georgetown, flown to impoverished central american countries with a medical brigade, and spent a lot more time in hospitals and operating rooms, exposing myself to different areas of medicine.

While I have done very well thus far in my Master's program, I'm hoping that these changes will make a difference this time around. I got an interview at University of Washington last year, and am hoping i have enough new and impressive things to get me over the hump this year.

Part of my rejection from UW also stemmed from my limited knowledge of health issues/current events during my interview....that's also important...
We'll see.
Dane

http://mdapplicants.com/viewprofile.php?myid=6961

Didn't apply to enough schools.
Learned the hard way application essays aren't asking about your philsophical inclinations about healthcare.
Lousy interviews - the first one I wasn't selling myself, the second one was just bad luck with a very disinterested lady who made me nervous.

I think failure is a good learning experience and I've taken it in stride. I honestly hope things go better this round because it's been a very trying process.