reapplicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

still hopeful

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
For those of you reapplying this year, are you rewriting your personal statement or simply making minor changes? What about your recommendation letters? Do they need to be updated as well?

Members don't see this ad.

Yup, a new personal statment and a few more LOR. :)

I completely rewrote my essay, you have to figure that you need to try and improve everything possible. I would try and get more LORs if you can, but it's not the end of the world. You just need to approach this from the perspective that everything can be made better... otherwise we would both be sitting on acceptances right now, right? Good luck - oh yeah, make sure you get everything in crazy early (so long as you don't sacrifice quality). I think that is the single biggest change for my application this year.

Members don't see this ad :)
•••quote:•••Originally posted by still hopeful:
•For those of you reapplying this year, are you rewriting your personal statement or simply making minor changes? What about your recommendation letters? Do they need to be updated as well?•••••Im only making minor changes to my personal statement cause I dont think that's where my problems were. Im also keeping my recommendations (I had 4). Some schools if not most though request one additional letter of rec if you're reapplying.

Have any of you considered using a professional editor service such as accept.com for your essays?Someone recommended their service, but I don't know anyone who has used it and was successful. Also, I heard that this year, the Ten-Year essay is no longer on the AMCAS application. Is this true?

As NUgirl wrote, you need to determine your weaknesses on your previous application. How were your MCAT scores? Your GPA?

You will want to revise your personal statement to include any new experiences you've had since the last application. If you are getting new LORs, try to get them from people who know of your most recent activities. The adcomms will review your original LORs, so new LORs with exposure to your later life will give them a look at the progress you've made in the past year.

Good luck!