Reapplication to dental school question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Wowzer89

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
This question is for students that have applied more than once.. Do you fill out a completely new application or do you tweak your old one with new info? Can you rewrite your personal statement?

Members don't see this ad.

If you are talking about reusing materials such as personal statements and letter of recommendation, it is always wise to rewrite and get new letters.

If you are talking about the actual entering of information again into the application as in having to retype it instead of it carrying over by itself its kind of hard to answer considering this is the first year of the new application platform so we'll see if you can carry over anything instead of having to re-enter it. Personally I had to start from scratch because the platform/website changed.

Reactions: 1 user
I had one letter of recommendation that was the same (she changed it though based on updates I gave her) and two new. You need to write a new personal statement which is kind of difficult I know. All the other info you can just put in the same... like volunteering and grades and what not.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
If you are talking about reusing materials such as personal statements and letter of recommendation, it is always wise to rewrite and get new letters.

If you are talking about the actual entering of information again into the application as in having to retype it instead of it carrying over by itself its kind of hard to answer considering this is the first year of the new application platform so we'll see if you can carry over anything instead of having to re-enter it. Personally I had to start from scratch because the platform/website changed.
Thank you

I had one letter of recommendation that was the same (she changed it though based on updates I gave her) and two new. You need to write a new personal statement which is kind of difficult I know. All the other info you can just put in the same... like volunteering and grades and what not.
Thank you