Reapply to schools you interviewed at?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DrVanNostran

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Well, it's time to get ready for the 2007-2008 application cycle. Does anyone know what the odds are of applying to schools you previously interviewed at? There seems to be 2 major points, one being they liked me to interview me maybe if I show them more commitment they will like me the second time around. Another part of me says, they didn't like you enough after the interview, why apply again?

What are your thoughts?

Members don't see this ad.

I know someone who applied for 2005-2006 and got a lot of interviews but no acceptances. He decided to take a year off, do some research and reapply for 2006-2007. He applied to a lot of the schools that interviewed him (made sure to apply early and made sure all his LORs were in order, that was one of the main problems he had is that his LORs got lost) and he got accepted to one of them! So I say it definitely does not hurt to reapply to school you interviewed at before, and it definitely shows that you are interested enough to come back a second time. Want to make sure though that you do something to improve your application significantly over the coming year. How sure are you that you will have to reapply though? There is still another month and a half left before all schools will have replied so don't lose hope yet!

I'd give it another go. You may get different interviewers which could be all the difference you need. Just be sure that you can explain why you're 1000% better this year than you were last year, of course. :)

Members don't see this ad :)
DVN,

I'm sorry to hear that you had a rough time this cycle. :( I hope things get better next year!

Regarding your question, I would think that reapplying to schools that interviewed you would be a good idea. Anecdotaly, it seems like people who have done this report that their interviewers respect their persistance.

That said, have you thought of posting this question to the "Adcom Semi-Solicited Advice" thread stickied to the top of the forum? It seems like those guys could do a better job answering this than your fellow pre-meds...

I'd give it another go. You may get different interviewers which could be all the difference you need. Just be sure that you can explain why you're 1000% better this year than you were last year, of course. :)

or be honest and be like im not any better lol. they wont like that though.