Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

reapplying and showing improvement

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by jay02, May 22, 2002.

1. jay02

jay02 New Member

Hi all!
    For reapplicants, what kinds of things worked for people in terms of "improving" their application apart from taking the MCAT again and applying early?
    It's such a short time between application cycles so what are admission people expecting from repplicants? I haven't done anything spankin' new apart from contuining my volunteer work and finishing my MPH. :confused:

-thanks!

2. Doctora Foxy

7+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Hi jay, welcome to SDN! :D

I'm not a reapplicant, but I did improve my application in a short time. Last summer, from mid May to Mid June, I did a lot of volunteering (about 100 hours) at a migrant farmworker clinic, and I really think it made a difference in my application. I ended up writing my personal statement about it and discussing it at interviews. If you could find a free clinic or a similar opportunity, I think it could make you stand out and give you an edge. Any type of unique experience will help at this point. :)

Best of luck!