reapplying the match...what to do!?!?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

trackxxx

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey guys

so i had applied to rads this year as a DO student with only a comlex I and usmle step 1 score. nevertheless i did not match so i will be starting a rotating internship only. i have since taken comlex II, the PE (passed on 2nd attempt), and usmle step 2 ck. i also just took the usmle CS exam. on usmle 1 and 2 i got high scores. as a rotating intern can i still reapply to DO radiology programs? how should i go about applying to rads as an intern? do the rules change?....im confused....someone help!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I think it's the same with the exception that there may be a box to check saying that this is not your first time applying. That, and you'll be a LOT more busy than this year. Good luck. BTW, this is all for MD programs. I know nothing about DO programs.

I know an intern who applied for rads this year after not matching ortho last year. Great guy, great boards, received a couple of m.d. rads interviews this year but matched his backup of IM. At his hospital the interns were allowed 2 away rotations to audition at other places. He felt he was at a disadvantage having not matched his first time around. But I'd say anything is possible. All it takes is one interview to match. Why not reapply for rads this year with something else as backup?

Just curious, did you not apply to osteo programs? If so any reason why? Hope everything works out for you man.