Apr 13, 2014
I applied last year and was wondering if I should answer the questions about being a reapplying or not. There is a section that asks if you've applied before, what schools you applied to, and what in your application has changed since.

Will they only know that I'm reapplying by my response to the questions? If so, maybe I'll have a better chance leaving the questions blank.

What do you think?

Carbohydrates

2+ Year Member
Jun 16, 2015
Status
Pre-Dental
Well they asked those questions for a reason. if you dont answer it, it considers lying IMO .

hannah_hoac

2+ Year Member
Aug 20, 2014
Status
Dental Student
I applied last year and was wondering if I should answer the questions about being a reapplying or not. There is a section that asks if you've applied before, what schools you applied to, and what in your application has changed since.

Will they only know that I'm reapplying by my response to the questions? If so, maybe I'll have a better chance leaving the questions blank.

What do you think?
I think the question itself is pretty straight forward. Did you apply before or did you not. Very simple.
Have you improved your app and stats since?

Reactions: Pre-Dent Jeff

doc toothache

10+ Year Member
Jan 17, 2006
Status
Dentist
In the application, are there directions which suggest that answering questions is optional?

Reactions: OSUkid
Aug 30, 2015
Status
Pre-Dental
I say lie on your application. That will really show them you're an awesome candidate. "He's got balls" they'll say and you'll be a shoe in. Is this a real question?

Reactions: OSUkid
Jul 26, 2015
Status
Pre-Dental
I would strongly advice you to fill out the question as you should. By not filling out the re-applicant part of the application, you are acknowledging that you're not a re-applicant, which would mean that you lied. Just be honest and highlight what has changed since the last time you applied.

HuskyUC

2+ Year Member
Aug 28, 2014
Status
Pre-Dental
You are a reapplicant, and many schools keep previous files to see how people improved over their year. I would suggest you figure out a way to explain how you are more competitive this time and to submit ASAP. It is starting to get late in the cycle.

OSUkid

Membership Revoked
Removed
Account on Hold
Oct 27, 2014
Gotham

What do you think?
LMFAO!!!!

Reactions: jsptr986
Nov 22, 2014
Status
Non-Student
Reapplying isn't a negative thing, unless you have sat on the couch eating potato chips all year and haven't done anything to improve your application. If you have done more shadowing, volunteer work, taken some classes, whatever, put that down. Did you contact any of the schools last year to find out why you were rejected? Did you address that this year?

Jul 17, 2015
Status
Pre-Dental
Reapplying isn't a negative thing, unless you have sat on the couch eating potato chips all year and haven't done anything to improve your application. If you have done more shadowing, volunteer work, taken some classes, whatever, put that down. Did you contact any of the schools last year to find out why you were rejected? Did you address that this year?
Will schools explain why they rejected you? I thought you just got the general letter and that's it. Didn't think they would actually give you feedback if you call them...