Reapplying with greencard, 3.69 undergrad, 3.63 masters, 29Q, strong ECs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Mitalie

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I am reapplying with a greencard as b4 I applied as an international student. My academic stats are 3.69 GPA for bachelors, 3.63 GPA for masters and 29 Q (re took MCAT). I have done volunteering at hospital 150+ hrs, senior citizen home, rescue squad member, mentor to young kinds via catholic charities, volunteering at a children's specialized hospital, 5 yrs of research (bachelors and graduate), teaching assistant to undergrads for genetics for a 1.5 years, presentations and conferences. Do you guys think I have a chance at getting at least one interview for medical college?

Members don't see this ad.

Sure, you have a chance. Depends on what state you're in, how well you present yourself in your app, what schools you're applying to, whether any of your academic assets were earned outside the US, and lots of other things.

It's mid-July, so you are on the verge of having a late app, if you haven't already submitted.

Best of luck to you.

If you get into a MD school with those stats then this world is not fair!

Members don't see this ad :)
So I am reapplying with a greencard as b4 I applied as an international student. My academic stats are 3.69 GPA for bachelors, 3.63 GPA for masters and 29 Q (re took MCAT). I have done volunteering at hospital 150+ hrs, senior citizen home, rescue squad member, mentor to young kinds via catholic charities, volunteering at a children's specialized hospital, 5 yrs of research (bachelors and graduate), teaching assistant to undergrads for genetics for a 1.5 years, presentations and conferences. Do you guys think I have a chance at getting at least one interview for medical college?

U're definitely competitive if u apply broadly and strategically. Make sure u're competitive (stats-wise, for the schools u apply to!)

I'm amazed at how many 3.5+ I see with <29 MCAT score... GPA standard seems easy somewhere...

Last edited: