• Scariest Story Contest

Now that it's getting close to Halloween, we're running a contest to hear your scariest stories! These can be scary stories that you've experienced or stories that you've heard and the story with the most reactions will win!

JOIN CONTEST

Reapplying with Old Letters of Rec?

blanctu

Jul 5, 2019
  1. Pre-Optometry
    I tried applying last cycle, but due to my low OAT scores I did not receive any offers. I am currently studying to aim for a higher score so I can reapply.

Is it bad taste to ask those who gave me a letter of Rec if they can send the same letter? Should I offer to shadow/volunteer them again? Or should I try to get new Letters of Rec by new people, which would be kind of hard due to these crazy Corona times.

Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

About the Ads

aya stak

2+ Year Member
    May 14, 2019
    1. Optometry Student
      They don't save old LORs so you have to ask for them again. I was in the same situation and just explained to them straight up that I didn't get in and what I did to strengthen my application. Everyone was willing to rewrite it/change it up a bit ^_^

Reactions: 1 user

cldud

2+ Year Member
      May 26, 2018
      1. Pre-Optometry
        oh wow I didn't know that. If I were to reapply for next cycle, I have to request for new LOR only? Or do I have to start all over from OptomCAS? (Transcript, experience, personal info etc)

helpmeout382100

2+ Year Member
        Jan 8, 2018
        1. Pre-Optometry
          I tried applying last cycle, but due to my low OAT scores I did not receive any offers. I am currently studying to aim for a higher score so I can reapply.

Is it bad taste to ask those who gave me a letter of Rec if they can send the same letter? Should I offer to shadow/volunteer them again? Or should I try to get new Letters of Rec by new people, which would be kind of hard due to these crazy Corona times.

Thank you.

i havent heard back either but was wondering if youve had any rejections either?

kbb44

Jun 3, 2020

Thank you.

If you dont mind me asking what were your OAT scores? Im currently applying but my OAT score isnt looking too great so I wanna know if I even have a chance at getting any offers or if i would have to definitely retake the exam.

About the Ads

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
            2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
            3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
            4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
            5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
            6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
            7. This thread is locked.