Reapps, how do you handle Letters of Rec?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

GypsyHummus

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So, I am applying to AACOMAS again, but I have to cultivate all of my letters of rec again. Did you just contact the writers to have them write another letter? I tried contacting some and nobody has replied. I am out of school right now, so am I out of luck? Should I enroll in more courses to procure a letter?

Members don't see this ad.

So, I am applying to AACOMAS again, but I have to cultivate all of my letters of rec again. Did you just contact the writers to have them write another letter? I tried contacting some and nobody has replied. I am out of school right now, so am I out of luck? Should I enroll in more courses to procure a letter?
I thought AACOMAS now lets you import all of your old stuff from the previous cycle. Is that not the case? Maybe you can contact AACOMAS and ask them if they can add your old letters to your new app.

I thought AACOMAS now lets you import all of your old stuff from the previous cycle. Is that not the case? Maybe you can contact AACOMAS and ask them if they can add your old letters to your new app.

They imported everything but the letters. I don't know why, that was the most crucial.

Members don't see this ad :)
I would contact your old letter writers. This exact situation is why Interfolio is the GOAT for LOR's.

I contacted my LOR writers a few months in advance to let them know what I needed... then contacted them as soon as the app opened again to let them know they should be receiving a request in their email to write the LOR... I would say give it some time. After a week or two and no response, then i'd try finding others to write them. You're still early in the cycle yet to start freaking out so be patient for a week or two to get responses. They're most likely busy with other things as well

If you use interfolio just tell your letter writers to log in and change the date on their letters

Not to beat a dead horse, but yeah if you use interfolio you have them forever