Rearview Mirror: Dean's Letter Edition

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I might put in a couple of hours of studying at Starbucks... I feel like I need to infuse some purpose in my life!!

nice!

I just found out I know for sure where I'll be next year!

Members don't see this ad.

Thanks for the new page!

Members don't see this ad :)
So I went to play doctor tonight at the ED, and I love it still. Now I remember why I'm here (and I also learned that I do know some things now as compared to undergrad, so I am actually learning).

This is me if I could

:biglove::zip::biglove::zip::biglove::zip::biglove::zip::biglove:

Now it's bed time. Long day tomorrow again.

Sleepy, did you just jump on?

Sleepy, did you just jump on?

i jumped in and out... i'm actually watching some shows on my computer, and so i come on here during the commercial breaks.

i jumped in and out... i'm actually watching some shows on my computer, and so i come on here during the commercial breaks.

what shows come on online? :confused:

it looks like you're online but that is probably too much to hope for, so maybe I'll go read my cell papers...:(

it looks like you're online but that is probably too much to hope for, so maybe I'll go read my cell papers...:(

noooooooo!! not the cell papers!!!!

what shows come on online? :confused:

a whole bunch actually.. abc.com has a ton: pushing daisies, greys, dance war, october road, lost, desperate housewives, cashemere mafia, samantha who, ugly betty, etc...

a bunch of channels are posting their shows online; i think they've realized that people are downloading shows and watching them illegally so they've decided to post them free online with commercials and make some money off of people who watch them online.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm sooo jealous of you, btw!

is your green light a lie?

waving :hello: now time to go be productive.

Is everyone online or just appearing to be?

doing laundry (much needed). 5 minutes until machine change time.

I don't like biochem. Lots of it this week too.

just finished off an episode of dance war

it's fun in a totally useless, brainless, kind of way

I can't even watch those things. I would rather it be silent or listen to music that watch that stuff.

heyyy! it's fun, i like it; and all the other shows that I do normally watch haven't had any new episodes come out in a while because of the writer's strike.

heyyy! it's fun, i like it; and all the other shows that I do normally watch haven't had any new episodes come out in a while because of the writer's strike.

I am well aware of that. I pretty much prefer the reruns though. But then again, I haven't watched much lately. I fall asleep any time I turn one of them on.

back again. had to eat some dinner

back again. had to eat some dinner

i'm in bed with the lights turned off contemplating sleep... i love laptops and being able to drag them to bed with me.

guess if i can't have a hot, topless man in my bed... at least i can have a sexy mac to keep me company ;)

hahaha...I do the same thing. Could never go back to a desktop for that reason.

50 more minutes for my laundry to finish, then I will probably be sleeping again too. Think I'm going to skip class in the morning so I can get some studying done and listen to the lectures later when I am more tired.

I saw adenosine in action last night. That is an amazing drug.

I saw adenosine in action last night. That is an amazing drug.

In point of fact, it is only amazing when you know what is going on. When I was a brand new EMT (actually, on my ride time during class) we picked up a guy with SVT in the 250's. Long story short, I saw the medic push something into the IV (Adenosine) and saw the patient go asystole on the monitor (didn't know much, but knew flat line was bad). After looking at the asystole for maybe five seconds I finally got up the courage to tell the medic something bad was happening. As I lean over to talk to him, I take one last look at the monitor, the guy is in sinus in the 70's.
Seriously, couldn't he have given me just a tiny bit more warning...?

In point of fact, it is only amazing when you know what is going on. When I was a brand new EMT (actually, on my ride time during class) we picked up a guy with SVT in the 250's. Long story short, I saw the medic push something into the IV (Adenosine) and saw the patient go asystole on the monitor (didn't know much, but knew flat line was bad). After looking at the asystole for maybe five seconds I finally got up the courage to tell the medic something bad was happening. As I lean over to talk to him, I take one last look at the monitor, the guy is in sinus in the 70's.
Seriously, couldn't he have given me just a tiny bit more warning...?

Yes, there was someone there that was learning, so they described it to them and I listened in to hear everything. Otherwise I would have been quite thrown off too. That and seeing how bad the person felt for about 10-15 seconds would have alarmed me too.

Yes, there was someone there that was learning, so they described it to them and I listened in to hear everything. Otherwise I would have been quite thrown off too. That and seeing how bad the person felt for about 10-15 seconds would have alarmed me too.

I'll I'm asking for was a quick little: watch this. I was a college frosh and an EMT-B student, so the amount of info I would have taken away would have been roughly equal to: fast heart bad, adenosine make it slow down (by stopping it just long enough to scare the ____ out of you...)

time to even things out

We'll just all have to work on this thread tomorrow night.

well i figured we would close out the other one (we're sooo close) and then finish this one off in the next couple of days

Did we get a new recruit?

Did we get a new recruit?

I have a feeling Dienekes will be transient. I thought we'd gained DrDukes. but he was just using us for our adenosine discussion, apparently :mad:

I'm so screwed up in my head - my ROL is topsy turvy, I wanna change it all!

I have to read my own reviews, now :p

Status
Not open for further replies.