Rearview Mirror: Still haven't dropped and still not gettin lucky

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
How did you all know which school was the right one?

Members don't see this ad.

Was it one of those, "ah ha!" moments, or a gut feeling, or what?

And how much influence or... weight I guess should I put on hospitals for 3rd and 4th year rotations?

Members don't see this ad :)
Because I'm sure the MD schools I'm applying to have some big/good ones around, but would I not get the opportunity to do more at a smaller hospital because of the smaller number of students?

Where is everyone by the way? Its not that late. And I thought this was ADD day?

I wish I had a med student friend that I was close with that could help me talk through this.

On second thought, you guys will probably be a better non biased opinion base.

I guess thats enough for one night. Maybe there will be some good answers to my three million ponderings in the morning... ;)

I'm in a DO school and really like it. It depends on where you feel the fit. Don't go to a place because 'it's really good' I would go where I fit in and it's really good (most are fairly good). The whole applying for residency depends on where you want to go if you see the discrimination. Some places require the USMLE because they can't compare you that well to the other applicants. Some places find a way to compare the COMLEX with the USMLE. I say go where you feel comfortable otherwise it will be a really long 4 years for you. Granted, make sure you will learn something so that you can pass boards and do well for your future patients.

Look above...yes...a serious post from me...and not complaining. Yay me :clap: :banana:

Did go grocery shopping, so now I have no excuse to not study the rest of the week / weekend. Here's to the beginning of productivity (starting tomorrow).

I still say we should make EF come up with the new thread.

Ok, really going to bed now. Should not be doing this still. Would be easier to go to class if I went to bed earlier. Definitely easier to skip them if I feel too tired.

Status
Not open for further replies.