Reason why there are 10+ threads on books or medical school supplies

Discussion in 'Medical Students - MD' started by 8675309, Mar 18, 2001.

1. 8675309

8675309 Member

Getting ready for medical school is a very laborious process, finding a place to live, moving (sometimes across the country), leaving friends that you've spent 4 years getting to know (longer for some other people), etc. So I wanted to help everyone out by putting together a list of all the possible books one could, and would need for medical school (Im in the HPSP so Ill be getting them all, thank you Uncle Sam). The medical school textbook landscape is very large and complicated, so I wanted to put it all into a simple list format that contains books your professors will probably recommed (Netter for anatomy, etc) and others that other medical students have used in the past and know work

That is why there are so many different threads for it because when somebody posts "Best books for medical school" you get a few that are gimme but you miss a lot so putting it into separate categories, Anatomy, Biochemistry, etc helps organize and sort the material

Thank you.

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Good idea. Speaking from screwing up at first myself, (if you want to call that experience), using one good resource is definitely better (both time-wise and cost-wise) than using several.