Reasonable ITA email?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted965528

1) I live on the West Coast and I have IIs in Boston and Brown (can provide proof if asked by the school). Would it be reasonable to send an ITA email to NYC schools(Cornell/Columbia/etc)? This could potentially save a lot of money since Boston to NYC is currently about $60, while another short-notice trip to East Coast would be $200+ one-way. My only hesitation is that many cities on the East Coast are well...in the area.

2) What about NorCal --> Socal? I live in NorCal and have 2 IIs in SoCal. Would be reasonable to send an ITA to my last SoCal school?

If it matters: LM 77, WARS 86-93

I understand these requests can be like walking on thin ice, especially if I am not necessarily in the same city. I know am not entitled to an interview at these schools but would simply like to save some money wherever possible (and I could take less days off work if I don't fly back and forth). Thus, I would like advice from the SDN community before I proceed.

If I do proceed with these emails, should I mention the schools I am interviewing at or don't even mention interviewing?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
I asked this exact same question last week. The answer is "No, don't do it".