Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Reasons to apply to COMP Pomona?

Discussion in 'Osteopathic School-Specific Discussions' started by usc_92, Aug 16, 2015.

1. usc_92

2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    Hello all!

I am currently working on my secondary to COMP and would prefer to not regurgitate the flier as to reasons why I would like to attend this COM. At this point, I was wondering if anyone would be able to comment on the nature of the faculty and culture at the institution. e.g. is there a collaborative nature among students? Are faculty available and encouraging? Are there numerous outlets for community outreach? etc.

2. Goro

Faculty 7+ Year Member

Non-Student
    My personal doctor is a COMP grad and we love him.

I have Western grads as fellow faculty and they're wonderful.

3. cjfarrell21

2+ Year Member

Medical Student (Accepted)
    Preview Day is in 5 days if you can hold out until then to finish your secondary... i know time is precious, but it's just a thought :)

4. lyana

2+ Year Member

Medical Student
    The physician I shadowed is their graduate and he is AWESOME and extremely passionate about OMM!

5. feeling-dizzy

2+ Year Member

Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
    Just put down because it is in #*$! California, they understand. Just kidding, but yeah they don't really care though because they know most applicants only care to apply Pomona because it is in California, so is TUCOM.