Receipt of verified AMCAS application

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Bubblehead-to-MD

Emergency Blow!
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anybody know why there is such a disparity among schools receiving your verified AMCAS application? For example, Pitt e-mailed me the day after my AMCAS was verified. UCSD notified me this morning, one week later, that they had just received my verified app. What gives? :confused:

Members don't see this ad.

danjo said:
Does anybody know why there is such a disparity among schools receiving your verified AMCAS application? For example, Pitt e-mailed me the day after my AMCAS was verified. UCSD notified me this morning, one week later, that they had just received my verified app. What gives? :confused:
maybe the schools are just getting around to notifying you that they received the app, even though AMCAS sent the materials earlier

danjo said:

My hypothesis on UCSD is that they take all the apps received in the last week and send out the mail on Monday, instead of doing it every day.

Members don't see this ad :)
iceman77_7 said:
My hypothesis on UCSD is that they take all the apps received in the last week and send out the mail on Monday, instead of doing it every day.

That could be, but their status page for me shows that they received my verified app on 7/24, when it should have been sent on 7/17.

They probably put down the day they checked if your app was received, instead of the day it was electronically sent.