Received email from dental school but AADSAS says app hasn't been mailed out yet???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dental140

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has this happened to anyone??? I just received an email from the U of U dental school saying they received my AADSAS application and want me to submit the supplemental application, but my AADSAS status says my application has not been mailed out to any schools yet. My GPA was just verified 7/10. Does that mean I am part of the batch that was just sent out last week? I am so confused....

Members don't see this ad.

Some schools are notified when applicants e-submit to their school. This does not mean that they have received your application. It is likely an automated message sent to everyone, asking for supplementary fees, etc.

Some schools are notified when applicants e-submit to their school. This does not mean that they have received your application. It is likely an automated message sent to everyone, asking for supplementary fees, etc.
But on the email it says they received my app....

"We want to thank you for your interest in the University of Utah School of Dentistry. We have received your AADSAS application and completed a preliminary review. Our findings indicate that you meet our minimum requirements for the school year beginning August 2016. We would like to invite you to submit our supplemental application along with our application fee of $75.00. Please click on the link below to access our secure payment center. Once your application fee payment has processed, you will receive a confirmation e-mail. This e-mail will contain directions and a link to our supplemental application form. Please fill out the application, save to your desktop and submit by e-mail per the instructions on the bottom of the application form."

Members don't see this ad :)
I got one from Boston and VCU when I e-submitted. It's just automatic. They don't actually have your app yet.

Reactions: 1 user
I did not apply to UofU, so I can't comment on this much, but it seems fairly generic to me. Either way this batch or next, you should still be early enough to not worry about being disadvantaged in this cycle. Go ahead and get a head start on the supplemental, but it wouldn't surprise me if your application is sent out this week.

Reactions: 1 user