1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Received letters from NYCOM and TUCOM

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - DO' started by goldenjims, Dec 21, 2001.

1. goldenjims

goldenjims Junior Member
    10+ Year Member

Just received letters of acceptance from TUCOM and NYCOM. Thanks so much TUCOM for giving me half a week to get the letter back to you all the way from NC. NO FRIGGIN WAY!!!! and 2K??????????????????? Thats serious cash.

My money is on NYCOM right now. I just didnt get the best feeling at TUCOM, although I thought Haight was the man. The facilities were pretty glim I thought and the campus life?!?!??! Oh yeah, not much of that since its on an old Navy Base Island. Pretty desolate if you ask me. I loved the classrooms, anatomy lab and OMT lab at NYCOM. First class from what I could see. Campus is pretty small, no real cafeteria, on campus housing, etc. but I like the atmosphere. I just felt better at a place that had a history of about 20 some odd years. Anybody else have any feelings about TUCOM or NYCOM?

Applied to PCOM and NOVA but have heard nada from either. Dont really get that one. Oh well.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. fozzy40

fozzy40 Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    When did you interview? I interviewed on Dec. 5th and i've been basically camping out by the mailbox. Take care and happy holidays!

4. oceana

oceana Member
    10+ Year Member

5. goldenjims

goldenjims Junior Member
    10+ Year Member

I hear you on that one. I really didnt mean to say it like that. I just didnt feel right there. Plus, I wouldnt be a candidate for on campus housing, with a wife and a new puppy. I just didnt feel right about the school. We did visit the cafeteria and 2nd year classroom. I guess Im just an east coast guy that feels more comfortable in an east coast setting, even though NYCOM is a pretty big move for us down here in NC.

I interviewed at NYCOM on Dec. 5 as well and at TUCOM on Dec. 10. Got my NYCOM letter on Dec. 18 and TUCOM on Dec. 20. Good luck to you.