Medical Received one acceptance placed on waitlist for my top choice school. Can I mention this in the letter of intent?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goro

Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Recently I was accepted by UP KYCOM which I'm ecstatic about, but I'm also on the alternate list post interview for another DO medical school. The deadline for depositing is December and I contacted the other DO medical school and they said they're likely to move 100 students off this alternate list. I was wondering if I could mention this other acceptance subtly in my letter of intent (I know LOIs aren't that helpful), along with my new grades and ECs?
Go ahead!

Members don't see this ad.

Thank you! Based on your past experiences you think there's a chance I could be taken off the waitlist before the deposit deadline in December? I just don't wanna pay $1200 and loose out on the deposit if I get accepted later, but I guess that's one of the parts of the process
Kinda part of the process...I would say yes.

Thank you! Based on your past experiences you think there's a chance I could be taken off the waitlist before the deposit deadline in December?
I don't think there's going to be any waitlist movement before spring time. Schools have to finish the interview season first, and this is a bumper crop year of candidates.

Status
Not open for further replies.