Recent Drexel News

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dookbloo

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone heard back from Drexel who interviewed around the end of jan? i interviewed jan 30 and was wondering how long they take. thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

I interviewed January 31, and got accepted last week. A large packet comes in the mail.

Members don't see this ad :)
I interviewed Jan. 30 and have yet to hear anything.:(

anyone else?

bump, anyone hear anything?

lisa,
i talked to the admissions office. the committee meets every thurs, and if they have a letter to send out, itll go out the following monday. they did not finish reviewing of the jan 30 ones yesterday, so those will finish next thurs. hope that helps.

Thanks! So they could have met on us yesterday though right?
Were you one of the people I drove to downtown Philly that day??

i kept calling them after my interview and they always told me that they review the files on thursday. It took them 10 weeks to make a decision.

merc, what was your result? mind sharing your stats? thanks.

3.2 gpa, 33P mcat. I did cancer research last year and also this year. I volunteered at a clinic where I take vital signs etc, I also volunteered at a hospital but it was total bullsh&t. I got straight A's the last two quarters of last year. I had a 3.0 at the beginning of Junior year and did sh#tty the first quarter 3.2. I assume I had good letters of rec but a family member died at the beginning of my sophomore year so there was a reason for my low gpa. I got in. I think i had a really good interview also. I interviewed with Dr. Tunkel and we talked for around 45 or 50 minutes, I left thinking that I would get in. It's pretty strange, I know people with a better gpa than me and same MCAT who haven't heard at all from Drexel. I got an interview ten days after I turned in my secondary.

congratulations!

Hmm, I was part of the very large interview group on Saturday, Jan 10. I haven't heard anything yet. Anyone else in the same boat?

Members don't see this ad :)
I was interviewed in the first week of January, and I was waitlisted. I hope the waitlist movement is coming soon!

hey kiernen...i interviewed the same day you did with some 40 odd interviewers....anyhow, i heard back about 2 weeks ago. you might want to call them to make sure your junks didn't get lost

this is unrelated to acceptances and interviews but my dad got his hands on a magazine sent out to Drexel alumns and it says that from 2005-2009 the med school will be adding a large research complex at the queen lane campus in an attempt to increase their involvement in academic medicine. Unfortunately all of us will have graduated before this is supposed to be finished. I hope they go through with it, the school deserves a lot more respect from these elitist jack#sses on SDN

I've said this before, but I think now that the school is officially a part of Drexel University, a Drexel medical degree will increase in prestige quite a bit in years to come. Those who go there now may not immediately benefit from the research facility, but there'll be benefits down the road. Plus, the matchlist is pretty good right now, so no matter what they say on SDN, going there now isn't going to kill your chances for a good residency.

I've got a Drexelink magazine I picked up at my interview. They say in there that Drexel's primary reason for buying the medical school was to increase their involvement in biomedical research, so that would agree with the magazine your dad read.

i interviewed around that time and got my acceptance letter last week. i'd keep checking the mail cuz the letter should arrive anytime soon.

i am a little concerned about Drexel considering I am on the waitlist and would really like to go. On the phone today they told me that they are interviewing until May and the waitlist does not start to move until June. That is not very reassuring for a waitlisted applicant. Any thoughts?

would you guys waitlisted and accepted --pix, merc, etc--please post your stats if you wouldnt mind? thanks

Originally posted by hope280
i am a little concerned about Drexel considering I am on the waitlist and would really like to go. On the phone today they told me that they are interviewing until May and the waitlist does not start to move until June. That is not very reassuring for a waitlisted applicant. Any thoughts?

But Drexel does have quite a bit of waitlist movement, nonetheless. Send in a letter of intent, if you really want to go there because Drexel will accept people if they know you'll attend (because a lot of applicants withdraw). I would do this soon because you never know if you may get off sooner than June. Hope everything turns out okay. Goodluck

I interviewed in early January...about 4 weeks exactly later, I received a wait-list. And then 4 weeks later, I received an acceptance. I sent in a email of update and interest. And my acceptance letter is dated for the day after i sent in the email....even though I didn't get it until Saturday. I hope this helps....perhaps wait-list movement has started already.

My stats:

9v, 10p, 11b, R
gpa: 3.0
nontraditional w/family
urm; pa resident

I enjoyed my time at Drexel when I visited and am thrilled with this acceptance....will likely attend.

SDN elitism is crap in the real world. Since I reside in philly, I know the hospitals well, Drexel (Hahnemann's) rep is quite good.

congrats bullhorn....

Hey dookbloo, i called drexel today and the committee hasn't met on my application yet. Since we interviewed on the same day, i'd imagine you are in the same boat. Just wanted to give you an update.

i think you should be getting your response next week...i actually called, too, and they did get to mine. they said a letter was sent out today. good luck.