recent interview invitations??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MisterMo

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Alright, so things have been pretty quiet on the ol' invitation front these past several weeks. I was lucky enough to receive a few in the fall and one back in mid-december, but since then I haven't picked up any positives. I'd certainly love to hear what schools are still sending invitations out though so I can gauge how much hope I got left. Please do post then if you've received an invitation in the past week and let us know where it was from.

Members don't see this ad.

MisterMo said:
Alright, so things have been pretty quiet on the ol' invitation front these past several weeks. I was lucky enough to receive a few in the fall and one back in mid-december, but since then I haven't picked up any positives. I'd certainly love to hear what schools are still sending invitations out though so I can gauge how much hope I got left. Please do post then if you've received an invitation in the past week and let us know where it was from.

hey mo-- yeah i got one from albany MC last week. so there's still some positive correspondence out there :) .

MisterMo said:

Hi there, I received an interview invitation from the Albert Einstein College of Medicine yesterday (Praise God!) :clap: :clap: My interview is scheduled for March 23rd :)

Members don't see this ad :)
I was incredibly stoked to get my UCSF invite two days ago! Would I love to go there....

trainwreck said:
hey mo-- yeah i got one from albany MC last week. so there's still some positive correspondence out there :) .

when were you complete?

Got one from Indiana on Monday but its in March so still a ways away

Tufts is still sending out invites; got one a few days ago

Got a Mt. Sinai interview today

Got Yale yesterday, Sinai today - they're still comin'!

G'luck!

Got SLU yesterday.

I got Emory two days ago and Loyola today.

Keep the hope.

Hey there,

I was invited to interview with Duke last week on 1/12. Don't give up hope just yet...

best, christina

I got an interview invite from The Chicago Medical School/Rosalind Franklin yesterday, via snail mail.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got one at Tulane for the end of February. So excited! I here great things about it.

Temple is still sending 'em. Man I would like to see a Yale invite

Got Michigan State a few days ago.

got yale and ucsd yesterday. now come on, ucsf!!!

Got an interview invite from Indiana for Feb 16 (I'm instate)

I got georgetown (email 1st two weeks of feb) and rosalind franklin (snail 2nd/3rd week of feb), both this past monday.

SUNY Downstate last week.

Could y'all start listing the date you were complete at the school you received the interview invite from. It would help alot more. Thanks!

I got a Dartmouth invite on 01/20/05 and was complete there about 11/24/04. My interview is Feb 22nd. Anyone else?

mdsadler said:
I got a Dartmouth invite on 01/20/05 and was complete there about 11/24/04. My interview is Feb 22nd. Anyone else?

was your invite via e-mail or snail mail?

MedicineBird said:
was your invite via e-mail or snail mail?

super thin snail mail. i thought it was a rejection and didn't really read the entire letter until i picked out the dates and the key word "interview."

Haybrant said:
congrats beep! stats, research, complete date?

3.4 (with extenuating circumstances); 3.45 sci/35R

coauthor of a book chapter (w/o original research tho), independent study on malaria, currently doing research on lyme disease at a government lab

complete on yale's website 12/15, ucsd's website 12/9

well, hopefully the dry spell is ending, just picked up one from UCincy today (although i hear their class is full)

Hey guys! I'm interviewing at Dartmouth on thursday and I'm very very excited about it! Good luck to all of you too! :luck: :luck:

tic112 said:
Received Dartmouth invite today. Letter was dated 1/19/05. Complete in October.

hey tic--congratulations, when are you scheduled for?

Tristy said:
Hey guys! I'm interviewing at Dartmouth on thursday and I'm very very excited about it! Good luck to all of you too! :luck: :luck:

hey tristy, good luck. let us know how the interview goes.

Congrats on your SLU interview! Could you please share when you were complete and in what form the invite was issued? Thanks for the help. :)

Invite from Georgetown (e-mail). Complete early Nov.---Aug MCATer

Washington University interview invite (snail mail), last week...Complete in late December. Good luck!

There's still hope everybody! Got an interview invitation from Drexel dated 1/19. Was complete mid-November.

8-) said:
There's still hope everybody! Got an interview invitation from Drexel dated 1/19. Was complete mid-November.

Ditto on Drexel except I was complete mid-December. I'm pretty sure I'm going to decline it though.

I was complete at SLU in the middle of October and the invite came via email. My interview is 2/1. Good luck!

Got a letter from Saint Louis today saying they want to interview me in San Francisco (where I live) on Feb. 4. I guess they are doing regional interviews?!

FYI: Things were looking quite dismal before the new year, but since then I've been lucky enough to have been offered some more interviews: Rosalind Franklin, Albany, Drexel, and Jefferson.

Perhaps the majority of these invites are for positions on the waitlist, but in any event it's "news". This is coming from an "average numbers applicant".
Still no acceptances here, but there's still some time left guys.

Hope for the best, and prepare for the worst...

Good luck to all :thumbup:

I got an interview for U Chicago on 1/25/05 by e-mail. I was complete 9/22 and put on hold 10/06.

I received an interview invitation from Pitt on 1/25. Complete 1/18. Wow, talk about fast turnaround time.

docinthemaking said:
I received an interview invitation from Pitt on 1/25. Complete 1/18. Wow, talk about fast turnaround time.

man, congrats...

i've been complete since 10/24 or something and everytime i check or call i'm 'under review.'

have they even taken a look at me yet? and if they have, what the hell is going on?

-a

I got an invite for Jefferson interview today. August MCATer. Good luck everyone

recieved an interview at pitt today 1/26.....complete 1/18....interview scheduled for 1/28.....

Just got an e-mail from Jefferson. August MCATer. good luck

mango6110 said:
recieved an interview at pitt today 1/26.....complete 1/18....interview scheduled for 1/28.....

Me too. I'll see you there on the 28th!

I received an invitation on 1/25 for the U of Chicago. :D I submitted my sec on 12/1.

Does anyone know how far Chicago-Midway airport is from U of Chicago?

is UVA done interviewing? :mad:

just wanted to add that i got a yale and a washu invite this week. i was complete at each for at least four months, but better late than never! :)