recent interview invitations??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
pbehzad said:
I got Emory two days ago and Loyola today.

Keep the hope.
Pbehzad, I was wondering how long it took for loyola to go through your secondary and get a response. so when were you complete at loyola, sammy?

Members don't see this ad.

Just got an interview from SLU today by snail mail (1/25). It was a really thin envelope so I expected a rejection and didn't feel like opening it. It sat on my desk all day, and when I finally opened it (after the SLU office closed for the day) I was kind of shocked. I was complete around November. Does anyone know if they have regional interviews for the So Cal area?

just got one from ohsu today

Members don't see this ad :)
snuffles04 said:
Just got an interview from SLU today by snail mail (1/25). It was a really thin envelope so I expected a rejection and didn't feel like opening it. It sat on my desk all day, and when I finally opened it (after the SLU office closed for the day) I was kind of shocked. I was complete around November. Does anyone know if they have regional interviews for the So Cal area?

They did couple weeks ago (on 1/17). I don't know of other days though. Good luck.

i got the call from usf today, 1/27 complete since 1/26. guess they just needed one of my letters. Good Luck to everyone with this process.

Umn interview invite via email on 1/27, was complete in late september.

tulane invite for 3/30 via snail mail

Just got an invite from Jefferson two nights ago (yes, at night, 11:56pm to be exact -- weird, eh?) for 3/16 and have been complete since end of October.

Vermont invite 01/27/05. Scheduled for 03/03/05. Hope it's not for the waitlist! :oops:

premedgeek said:
tulane invite for 3/30 via snail mail

Tulane here too for 3/23....March....why don't they just interview me for fall 2006

Got an interview at Emory yesterday (1-28-05) for their LAST interview date on Feb. 28.

Omg... I just got a Stanford inviete today... by email on a sunday (1/30)!!! Are they just messing with me? Am I interviewing for the waitlist?

Interview for St. Louis in SF... sorry, I'm passing this one up

Members don't see this ad :)
PM1981 said:
Omg... I just got a Stanford inviete today... by email on a sunday (1/30)!!! Are they just messing with me? Am I interviewing for the waitlist?

I don't think their class is full since they started inviting for interviews later than most schools.

I'm so envious of you! :D

Tulane interview invite! Not until March 10th though.

for feb 23. Told that class is full, so it's for a spot on the waitlist. But the waitlist is ranked so it might be worth it.

Cleveland Clinic LCM

calling tomorrow to schedule. I believe it will be in mid-late feb

got a temple invite today...will probably decline though

Jefferson! today, but not yet scheduled.....

Temple 2/1

There's still hope for us August MCATers !!

teh-t said:
Cleveland Clinic LCM

calling tomorrow to schedule. I believe it will be in mid-late feb
it will be mid feb

also got a cincy invite for late Feb

Tulane invite for 03/09, not sure if i'll go yet.

anyone else??

On 2/1 I got an e-mail invite to Northwestern for 2/8. I don't think they are full yet because they only do two sets of acceptances... I think, i' m not sure though.

I received one today for the University of Florida. I am out-of-state but with a connection there (I did a grad degree there already).

Got an interview for Jefferson today for April... I will probably decline this one...

i got a cornell interview invitation for 2/16 yesterday and am very excited about that.

CarleneM said:
i got a cornell interview invitation for 2/16 yesterday and am very excited about that.

hey carlenem, i was wondering when you set up your interview. By the time i called, all the spots were already full :confused:

bleh4788 said:
hey carlenem, i was wondering when you set up your interview. By the time i called, all the spots were already full :confused:

i emailed them back literally less than a minute after recieving the email. they confirmed my choice around 2:30pm. Sorry to hear those dates were full. They will have more though after the 16th, right? It sounded like those were just their immediate openings and if you couldn't make one of those they'd be in touch with other later dates.

Last Friday, I recieved a UCSD MSTP invite for Mar 2-3.

For those following UCSD, I e-mailed them and got the invite the next day. I have heard similar stories for UCSD.

just got one for yale via email today!

scrappysurfer said:
Last Friday, I recieved a UCSD MSTP invite for Mar 2-3.

For those following UCSD, I e-mailed them and got the invite the next day. I have heard similar stories for UCSD.

scrappysurfer, to whom did you address your email? I'm currently on hold for an standard MD interview. (but I already have the PhD :))

PatentGuy33 said:
scrappysurfer, to whom did you address your email? I'm currently on hold for an standard MD interview. (but I already have the PhD :))

I e-mailed Christine Moran, the coordinator for MSTP applicants. I would suggest checking the website for the MD coordinator. Many of the UCSD students I know didn't interview until April, so keep your head up PatentGuy33! They love research folks.

hey all you recent posters....

You've forgotten to put the date you were complete. This is crucial info for all of us waiting in agony because it gives us an idea whether our interview invites might still be imminent or if we're just waiting for our rejection to come. So please put the date you were complete from now on and you recent posters, if you don't mind repost with the complete date. :) Thanks!

rugirlie said:
hey all you recent posters....

You've forgotten to put the date you were complete. This is crucial info for all of us waiting in agony because it gives us an idea whether our interview invites might still be imminent or if we're just waiting for our rejection to come. So please put the date you were complete from now on and you recent posters, if you don't mind repost with the complete date. :) Thanks!

complete at yale on 11/15

complete at CCLCM 1/20; u of cin 1/31

got one from morehouse yesterday (2/1)... been complete since early november.

complete at jefferson in sept, sent letter of interest to dr. callahan 14th of jan, sent email 25 of jan, invite today

mango6110 said:
complete at jefferson in sept, sent letter of interest to dr. callahan 14th of jan, sent email 25 of jan, invite today

Wow mango, you've done exactly what I did--I was complete at Jeff in Oct, sent a letter of interest to Dr. Callahan ~1/11, and e-mailed her 1/25 also. However, I have yet to receive any kind of response. Did she just get back to you today? I hope I hear something positive soon, it's been 1.5 months since I got anything besides a rejection from a med school. :(

I also sent a letter of interest to Dr. Callahan about 2 weeks ago, and she wrote back yesterday that I would be contacted for an interview. There seems to be a lot of us doing this. I wonder if we're people they were planning to interview already, or what.

Mistress S said:
Wow mango, you've done exactly what I did--I was complete at Jeff in Oct, sent a letter of interest to Dr. Callahan ~1/11, and e-mailed her 1/25 also. However, I have yet to receive any kind of response. Did she just get back to you today? I hope I hear something positive soon, it's been 1.5 months since I got anything besides a rejection from a med school. :(

I sent that email on 1/23. Still haven't heard anything :(

Mistress S said:

I got an invite late at night by email, she did not respond to the email I sent her, it was just an invitiation to interview email....i think i got it around 11:30pm, dont worry mistresss, i'm sure your's is coming in the next day or two

the invite was for april 15th, im trying to reschedule because I plan on leaving for south america in a month, so if anybody is withdrawing from jefferson, please let me know!!!

to those who have sent emails but haven't heard from jeff.. i interviewed there yesterday, and was talking to the admisssions director, mrs. hershman. she said that they were all booked up until their last interview date, so perhaps that is why you haven't heard. but she emphasized that this is a dynamic process, and that people will cancel their interviews so I'm sure that slots will open at some time. if i were you, i would wait a bit and then send another email to both callahan and hershman reiterating your interests, and asking them to keep you in mind if any interview dates open up... they said that they really appreciate interest in their school so emailing definitely doesn't hurt.. oh actually, I remember mrs. hershman saying she wasn't much of an email person--she prefers letters.. so send her a letter and email callahan...

I got an invite from Dartmouth in the mail today.. I am interviewing on February 17th and I was complete the first week of January.

It's incredible to hear of all these interview invites from people whose applications were completed relatively late. There's still hope for more interviews for us late applicants!

invite from MSSM :)

Brown invite today! Totally unexpected, I was complete there in October. See for yourself

wow, I got the last available interview slot at Cincinatti
complete 1/31 invite 2/2 scheduled for the last day, last slot 3/1

Got an email invite today. My file was complete in Sept (9/29), invited today (2/9), scheduled for 2/18. By the way, I wrote them a letter of interest/update two weeks ago. Take that for what its worth, but I am not a big believer in coincidences.

TTFN

PBM