1. Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Recent Mcatters... verbal section ?

Discussion in 'MCAT Discussions' started by imapremed, Jul 28, 2011.

1. imapremed

2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    Hey all,

I was wondering if all the mcats have the last passage with only 5 questions.

Also, I was wondering if it is true that progressively each group of passage questions gets harder for the verbal section as stated. Did anyone feel like this was true or it was a bunch of bs that aamc is feeding us?

Thanks

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. paul411

paul411 ANES
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Not always the case (not an important detail anyways).

Where has the AAMC been feeding you this information? I don't think each passage gets progressively harder... Depends on which category of passages you're better at.

#2 paul411, Jul 28, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2011
  4. Swoopthereitis

7+ Year Member

The first passage on my verbal was by far the most difficult passage of all seven of them, and my last one did have five questions but that doesn't necessarily mean that all of them will.

5. imapremed

2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    some one posted it on here a while back. AND the onyl reason i was asking was because of timing... if the last has 5 questions timing might not be as big as a deal as before... cuz i usually only get 2/5 of the last correct anyway cuz of timing but if there were say 7 questions for the last passage i might be a little screwed.

and also for the other poster - yeah i so that is the reason i wasn't buying aamc's the question set gets harder.

someone posted this http://206.82.221.137/showthread.php?p=11096353 but i cant even find the evidence on the aamc website after they posted this... so im not too sure anymore

6. paul411

paul411 ANES
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Actually, upon a little further research it appears that on the old MCAT (pre-2005):
    Source

I don't have the current official MCAT manual, so I don't know if this still stands but I don't think it does.