recent penn state interviews?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

medstylee

1K Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
guys - does anyone know if penn state is still pulling people off the "continue to review" group for interviews? also, does anyone know what the latest date for interviews is? thanks and good luck.

Members don't see this ad.

I just got an interview call for PSU today. not sure if i am going or not but they are still interviewing. The first available one as of today was March 4th.

medstylee said:
guys - does anyone know if penn state is still pulling people off the "continue to review" group for interviews? also, does anyone know what the latest date for interviews is? thanks and good luck.

sk1684 said:
I just got an interview call for PSU today. not sure if i am going or not but they are still interviewing. The first available one as of today was March 4th.

lol, I just cancelled a PSU interview for March 4th. That's my interview that's available, I bet.

Members don't see this ad :)
i got an interview call just today, and i'd been on "continue to review" since september 1. so there's still a chance, i figure if they'll take me off the list after 5 months they'll take anyone

question: do they put everyone on that list? basically, do they ever flat out reject people?

I'd like to know this too. I've been waiting on the list since November, and it's my first choice right now. I am *praying* for an interview and hope they are still offering ones.

anyone know anything? I called a couple days ago and they said my app. is still in review... don't interviews end at the end of March? grrr
I wanna go to Penn State sooo bad.

morganlefay said:
anyone know anything? I called a couple days ago and they said my app. is still in review... don't interviews end at the end of March? grrr
I wanna go to Penn State sooo bad.

Don't give up just yet! I got called (and e-mailed) for an interview last Friday (March 4th)--the earliest date that they had available at that point was for around March 11th...I naturally had also given up since I had been in the "continue to review" category since September!

morganlefay said:
I'd like to know this too. I've been waiting on the list since November, and it's my first choice right now. I am *praying* for an interview and hope they are still offering ones.

Have you tried writing a letter of interest? I heard PSU is big on those. At least I hope so because I just wrote one to them and I'm on their waitlist right now. Good luck! :luck: I'm sure you'll get an interview soon!

naimist said:
Have you tried writing a letter of interest? I heard PSU is big on those. At least I hope so because I just wrote one to them and I'm on their waitlist right now. Good luck! :luck: I'm sure you'll get an interview soon!

most people on here are actually referring to the "continue to review category" which is like the pre-interview hold. in any case, i wrote an update/interest letter about a week or so ago. i got any e-mail back from admissions thanking me for my interest and assuring me that interviews continued until the end of march, but i dunno if a pre-interview letter really means much. best of luck.

Have hope, fellow not-yet-accepted applicants. Penn State called me for an interview off the "continue to review" list today. Miracles do happen! :)

anyone have any luck with contacting the dean directly??

klp14 said:
Have hope, fellow not-yet-accepted applicants. Penn State called me for an interview off the "continue to review" list today. Miracles do happen! :)

awesome, congrats! did you ever send a letter or an update or anything like that in?

annh31 said:
anyone have any luck with contacting the dean directly??

i was wondering that too. i looked for a name of any sort of admissions director or dean but i couldn't find anything. anyone have any idea?

i was thinking the guy who sent me my "continuing to review" letter. at this point, i figure i (we) have absolutely nothing to lose.

Yeah, penn state was one of those schools I had given up hope on, after being in the continue to review pile for almost 6 months now. I too, recieved a call today for an interview invite on the 21st of march. I am one happy dude.

Any idea how many people they put on this "continue to review" pile? seems like a lot of people got the same letter...

if people got called today for interviews towards the end of march...and they stop interviewing in march...i sent an update/intent letter a month or so ago, but i haven't heard anything from them (aside from the 'continute to review' in october) :(

i'm in the same position, crunchy. i sent an update letter in january... perhaps i should call. in the letter i told them what i had been doing during the fall semester, sent my fall grades (which were really good) and mentioned a program i was really interested in at the school. maybe i'll call tomorrow and ask about interviews. does anyone know the last interview date this month? thanks