recent stanford news?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
CalBeE said:
She's a radiation oncologist or something. It started out as a friendly conversation...and she actually knew my high school, which is like virtually unknown to anyone I have met. But then it was downhill from there. She wasn't seemed impressed when I talked about the EC and research I was involved in...and started to look impatient after 20 minutes or so.

Haha. Yup, I had the same one. I had a similar experience with her- nice, but seemed a little distant. Definitely didn't "click" with her. She wasn't at all impressed with my research and I have considerable research experience, and I got the sense that she was annoyed that she had to interview me that day.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey, I had that lady too (the radiation oncologist--she was Asian, right?)! And FWIW, I thought the same thing after the interview.

So maybe it's just her. Distant is the perfect word to describe her. She seemed so far removed and uninterested.

I actually mine is Caucasian. I got a sense that she had a certain type of candidate in mind and I don't fit what she was looking for. Specifically, she mentioned that "We're looking for people who want to be academic physicians" But then it could be something else as well.

Members don't see this ad :)
i've been told that the last committee meeting is sometime this week... but i'm not sure the day.. does anyone know? i hate this suspense.

last meeting!???~!? :scared: i hate the suspense.. but then again.. isn't it better than hearing an answer that u didn't want to?

:p frum previous posts.. i thought that stanford's adcom met on fridays ??... may 15 is coming up quickly...

Someone I know just received a first alternate package... I don't know all the details though, just that these are going out.

:( i guess that means they're done w/straight acceptances...

yup, got the boot from stanford. finally, some closure from that school. my letter was dated 5-10. g'luck to everyone else who's waiting on this great school!

interesting... I interviewed there just a few weeks ago, very late in the process. Haven't heard back from adcom this week, called yesterday and they said "wait until next week."

I can definitely say Stanford has a very pretty campus; that building with the seven-story plant atrium / bird cage is really cool.

pjm said:
I can definitely say Stanford has a very pretty campus; that building with the seven-story plant atrium / bird cage is really cool.

yup yup. the campus is gorgeous and it's definitely what i'll miss a lot when i graduate in a month...
and i work at the bird cage - the CCSR building right?

good luck :luck:

being as it's may 15th now, has anyone besides me not heard back from stanford yet?

nothing yet...

but i interviewed later than you i think

i spoke too soon :p woke up this morning to a letter my parents picked up in the mail yesterday -- no stanford for me :( my letter is dated 5/13

(on a side note) Stanford's rejection letter is the NICEST worded letter i've read yet ! (and i've read quite a few) They don't mention anything at all about having limited spots for stellar applicants etc.etc (as if that makes the person getting rejected feel better!) But it wishes you well and the dean even says that he believes you'll be "accepted at another medical school of high quality" :)

well... i wud have luved to be at the school but in the end i'm just glad i FINALLY know what my future will look like for the next four years

good luck all