Recent test takes: Is Geometry and Trig still on the test?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

flossit

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Can anyone shed light if those two are still being tested directly?

Members don't see this ad.

I know 2 friends who have just taken the DAT this past month and they both said they didn't have 1 question on trig or geometry

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad :)
They are phasing trig out but I don't think it was supposed to be gone until the 3 quarter (i.e. after June). That is what I heard, but that is not necessarily true.

Definitely got geometry questions with 30-60-90 triangles, isosceles triangles and such. Don't remember any outstanding trig questions, maybe 1, at most 2. I was expecting some hard trig questions from doing BC and glancing through destroyer 2015 ed. but trig didn't show up as a problem at all. Got these interpret graph questions that showed up in BC math, at least 4 or 5. I'd say do the BC math until scoring 21s couple times then you're golden. I took mine 5-24-17.

Definitely got geometry questions with 30-60-90 triangles, isosceles triangles and such. Don't remember any outstanding trig questions, maybe 1, at most 2. I was expecting some hard trig questions from doing BC and glancing through destroyer 2015 ed. but trig didn't show up as a problem at all. Got these interpret graph questions that showed up in BC math, at least 4 or 5. I'd say do the BC math until scoring 21s couple times then you're golden. I took mine 5-24-17.

Are these new QC questions difficult?

I think it's best to take the subject specific QC on BC. It helped me extremely because once I encountered those QC problems, I knew exactly what they were asking for and how to think it through. There were also lots of simple data interpretation questions. I had no trig, but a couple of geometry questions. And some geometry stuff were included in the actual QC problem.

Reactions: 1 user

No, they were pretty common sense to me, just have to be careful while rushing, if that makes sense.
I think BC quant is enough to prepare you. So much of the DAT is a time crunch, and QC is definitely an example of that. I did all of destroyer problems for fun as a break from studying for ochem and bio, then did BC tests until I could consistently score above 20 and finish on time. If you could do that like 2 or 3 times in a row on BC QC tests, I think you're more than ready for QC. I got a 24 on QC and were iffy in a few questions still studying this way.

I think it's best to take the subject specific QC on BC. It helped me extremely because once I encountered those QC problems, I knew exactly what they were asking for and how to think it through. There were also lots of simple data interpretation questions. I had no trig, but a couple of geometry questions. And some geometry stuff were included in the actual QC problem.

I wonder these data interpretation questions, where can I find examples of them, does bootcamp have any similar questions on their tests?
Do they give you a pie chart or a table to interpret?

I wonder these data interpretation questions, where can I find examples of them, does bootcamp have any similar questions on their tests?
Do they give you a pie chart or a table to interpret?
It's like bar graphs, pie charts, ect. These are easy points! It would ask you to add up all the people and stuff.

Hi just wondering how you thought the difficult of the QC from bootcamp compared to the actualy DAT? I am finding the QC questions on bootcamp very hard even when i compare it to GRE questions

I felt like the DAT was a bit easier than Bootcamp due to having more of the new QR types. They felt more like a logical reasoning question rather than a math problem.

I did see trig and geometry, but I took the DAT in the first half of 2017.