Recent Ulcer Treatment Research

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ut12pod

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm an undergrad (and future podiatry student) writing a term paper for a senior biological literature class and am looking for any recently published papers on the treatment of diabetic foot ulcers. I figured where better to do my research than to ask some of the people who may be doing the research or are directly involved in it. If anyone knows of any papers concerning new research in this field I would greatly appreciate your directing me to them! I have looked in the JAPMA and a found a few articles, but nothing to focus my paper on yet. Any information is much appreciated.
Thank you in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

Thank you for the link and seemingly endless supply of info!
Is there any recent breakthrough that stands out in your mind as being uniquely promising? Something completely new. As I read some of these papers, I find that I really can't differentiate between the good papers and the ones that really stand out as I lack most of the background.

Members don't see this ad :)
What you can research is the various opinions about the benefits of Hyperbaric Oxygen Chamber treatments vis a vis diabetic foot wounds with osteomyelitis (bone infection) and their benefits, or lack thereof..

The other thing that has been in the news with wounds lately is if silver impregnated wound dressings are of any benefit vs. non silver impregnated wound dressings. Some say yes, some say no.

Good luck!

Thanks for the suggestions! I decided to focus it on a paper looking at the efficacy of the hyperbaric oxygen treatments and it's coming along pretty well.
The diabetic foot article is great as well. Lots of good info to help understand why the HBOT works and to learn a little more about it for my own benefit. Thank you both.