reciprocating florida pharmacist license to georgia

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pharmacist26

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm trying to apply for a license transfer from FL to GA.
Did anyone try to transfer their FL license to GA? I need help!!
do they require any exam other than MPJE? and do they accept transfers from FL? the Board and the NABP are giving me the run around and no one is giving me a straight answer. I heard the law changed a couple of years ago allowing transfers from FL to GA but not sure.

Thank you:love:

Members don't see this ad.

Actually not sure about wetlab if you have a license already. This is what I found so far from the Georgia board of pharmacy.

q: What are the Reciprocity Licensure requirements?
a: Submit an application and the required fee. License transfer applications are available via NABP. It may take up to six (6) weeks to process your application by the NABP. Once this process is complete the NABP will mail your official Georgia application to you. Register and pay the required fee to NABP to sit for the MJPE.

Submit your official Georgia application with the required $300 total fee in two (2) separate checks one for $250 and one for $50 ($250 non-refundable application fee, and $50 non-refundable decorative wall certificate fee).

Applicant must reciprocate from the first state in which he/she was licensed by examination. That states license must be current and in good standing.

Members don't see this ad :)
I am also in the process of reciprocating from FL to GA. You only have to take the MPJE, no wet lab.

No I haven't taken the exam yet. I'm still waiting for NAPB to process my reciprocating application before I could register to take the exam. NAPB website says the process could take up to 6 weeks, yikes!!! Did you have to wait long to hear back from GA Board? Good luck with your studying. I was told once you passed FL law, GA law is not too bad. What materials do you use to study for it?

No, they only took about 10 days till I got the "official" application in the mail. I filled it out and mailed it to GA board. Btw, make sure you send 2 checks to GA board 1 for 250 and the 2nd for 50. I didn't send the $50 check cuz the application didn't say to do that but GA mailed back saying it's for wall certificate and they won't process my application w/o it. It turns out that it's in their "FAQ" on their website under license transfer question. They also require that an RPh from florida that has worked with you to vouch for you and sign. Don't forget to get your signature notarized. I'm still waiting for my ATT. I'm studying from Rxlaw and taking the practice exams from prempje.com. I finished reading Rxlaw so now i'm reading the state's law off the Board's website.

Thank you for the tips. I appreciate it!!!. I got my official application today, yay. I hope GA Board will be as quick as NABP although I have serious doubts. I hope the folks that run GA BOP are nothing like their call center operators. It's very frustrating trying to get accurate answers from these people :mad:

Hi Pharmacist26,
Did you sign up for MPJE while waiting to hear back from GA Board or you had to wait for a response first?

No, they only took about 10 days till I got the "official" application in the mail. I filled it out and mailed it to GA board. Btw, make sure you send 2 checks to GA board 1 for 250 and the 2nd for 50. I didn't send the $50 check cuz the application didn't say to do that but GA mailed back saying it's for wall certificate and they won't process my application w/o it. It turns out that it's in their "FAQ" on their website under license transfer question. They also require that an RPh from florida that has worked with you to vouch for you and sign. Don't forget to get your signature notarized. I'm still waiting for my ATT. I'm studying from Rxlaw and taking the practice exams from prempje.com. I finished reading Rxlaw so now i'm reading the state's law off the Board's website.

I got my ATT from Georgia, but I can't find any law book that contains both State and Federal law. I came across Rxlaw but it's a downloadable online version. How do you like the Rxlaw? Does it contain both Federal and State law for Georgia? Can you also give me the link to the state's law? I couldn't find it at the board's website. Thank you.

But do you still have to have to keep your FL license active?? Is it possible to still obtain a GA license if you have only passed the naplex but have not taken the FL MPJE? Can you just take the GA MPJE and avoid the wet lab all together? The wet lab is only offered so many times a year....so what happens if you miss it, how can you get licensed?

If you are trying to get licensed in Georgia by using your naplex scores then you have to take the wet lab...it s better to take Florida first then transfer your license to Ga...it will cost more though

Sent from my Stratosphere using Tapatalk

Can u still reciprocate with GA if FL is your secondary license? I hold a CA license as well (got CA first, then FL)

The law is same for all states; you must reciprocate your license using your primary state, which is California.

The law is same for all states; you must reciprocate your license using your primary state, which is California.

True, but Georgia only allows it if the state that you are reciprocating from would accept a transfer from Georgia under similar circumstances

Sent from my Stratosphere using Tapatalk