Recognition of Medical graduate from Russia in Germany

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MedRUDN

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm a medical student in Russia but hope to complete in june this year.
I want to do my residency in Germany.Can anyone please tell me want are the requirements do residency in germany?

Members don't see this ad.

1. Speak German.
2. Get all your records transcribed into German and certified by someone in Germany for accuracy.
3. Whether they accept them is up to the Landesartzkammer. You have to contact them.

There are some russian physicians at my medical school who need to retake several subjects such as pharmacology, mircobiology and other stuff. I think it is very unlikely to become fully recognized by German authorities without having to repeat some classes, however, in the end, recognition is possible.
Good luck !

Members don't see this ad :)
hey is it easy for a non european doctor to get residency in germany??i have heard there is lot of discrimination between europeans and non europeans and german n non germanz//is it true?

hey is it easy for a non european doctor to get residency in germany??i have heard there is lot of discrimination between europeans and non europeans and german n non germanz//is it true?
It goes by region, but there is still massive discrimination in Germany against foreigners. The worst tends to be in the former East, where the NPD (former Nazi party) has representation.

There is some discrimination first against non-Germans, though if you're Austrian or Swiss, you'll likely only get flack for speaking German differently. Well-established are problems Bavarians have against other Germans. In fact, I have a friend from NRW, living in Bavaria, and he is routinely discriminated against, including in the workplace. It was bad enough that he had to find a job in Austria and drive there everyday.

If you have a different skin color, there is discrimination as well. It's not terrible in west Germany, but the former east is very bad. Racial attacks are common, and it's common to see the police do nothing (it's also documented in news stories).

English-speakers aren't so much of a problem in the Western parts, but it is looked down upon in the former east, also having resulted in several internationally covered attacks and murders in the former east.

In the workplace, it depends. Some institutions are very conservative, while others are not. You do have to apply using your picture, so you can't get around that. The best chance you'll have is speaking German on a very high level.

I have personally seen a level of discrimination, or poor views of eastern Europeans and Russians.

phew.:scared:..i guess...i shouldnt even think about germany.now..i'm an asian..more precisely a pakistani...n after reading al dat i hav stopped thinking about da idea ov planing mi residency dre.i'l b moving to belgium dis year and was planing to luk 4 residency in surgery sumwhere..in germany or france...netherlands and ofcourse belgium..but after having read al dat i think it iz difficult for a pakistani to get into a german system..becuz ov da discrimination factor...n about france i have heard that they hav real hard tests...one out ov 50 applicants manages to get into french system......do you hav any idea about belgium..or netherlands......are there strict rules too for an international doctor like me...is it easy to get into dre system???hey slight365 if u know anything...do ans..i'l b v thankful.:).