1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Recomendation Letters???

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - DO' started by Doctortobee, Dec 31, 1999.

1. Doctortobee

Doctortobee Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

I'm going to be applying to med school in a few years and have a question concerning recommendation letters. I know that the Osteopathic schools require a letter from a D.O (I already have one lined up). If you apply to more than one school and they all require a letter from a D.O., do you ask for several copies of the recommendation letter or do you make a copy to send to each school along with the secondary application? Thanks!!!

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Paul's Boutique

10+ Year Member

Since rec. letters are usually "closed" (i.e., not open for viewing by the recommendee), most people give pre-addressed (and pre-stamped) envelopes to their recommender. The letter is typed up (with the appropriate name and address!) and mailed out by, in this case, the DO.

4. Yosh

Yosh Livin' in the WINDY CITY
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Depending where you go to school...the pre-med/post bac committee will make the necessary copies, and then you only need the D.O. to send one letter(rec) to your school, and the committee will send out the necessary "packet" to the schools that you are applying to....all you usually need to do is provide them with stamped envelopes. Best of Luck!

[This message has been edited by yosh (edited 01-01-2000).]

5. Doctortobee

Doctortobee Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

My school doesn't have an "official" pre-med committee...My school has one of the 4 years B.S/M.D programs, but I'm not in it. They have chemistry professors that are "appointed" pre-med advisors. How much trouble am I going to have without this committee??? I have a D.O. who I hope will continue to serve as my mentor throughout the process.

Are doctors reluctant to send out the recommendation letters in multiples?

[This message has been edited by Doctortobee (edited 01-01-2000).]

6. pag

pag Junior Member
    10+ Year Member

Further, my school doesn't have a pre-medical advising comm. that writes rec.'s. Is it possible to have chemistry professors, ect. to the rec.'s. Or is this a no no...

Thanks

PAG

------------------

Anthony