Recommend Gold Standard?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
S

Scooby-Doo

I was wondering if The Gold Standard is worth the money for studying?

Members don't see this ad.

NO..stay away from it...only use the practice tests it comes with...it has a good section on the interview process as well

NO..stay away from it...only use the practice tests it comes with...it has a good section on the interview process as well

But whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!! Seriously, why should one not use the gold standard?

I bought it recently, and after reading comments here I'v decided to buy exam crackers as well.

Me too: I don't get the "stay away from it" if the practice tests are good and the advice on interviews is good. Good practice tests are hard to find.

Well here's my 2 cents:

the gold standard DVDs are awesome

the audio CD is very dry

the book: definitely the practice tests are very realistic, they are online CBTs also, and the admissions advice is good. The only problems I had with the other sections was that the Verbal review was too short and the science review was a bit dry. But besides that sort of dry textbook feel to the science review, I did not find that the review was missing anything that's on the MCAT.

If you score less than 10 on an AAMC practice MCAT CBT then definitely add the Examkrackers Verbal/Math book. It's a quick read with good advice.