Recommend Good Bio Review Book?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ryuzaki

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I used EK Bio for my material understanding but I was wondering what should I use for Biology Passages and etc.? I have been told to ignore the 1001 EK Questions for Bio as they aren't really that helpful.

I was wondering if you guys could recommend something that would give me the essential gist of a regular bio passage on the MCAT without compromising the difficulty of the question. I also have the TBR stuff but I was told to use EK Bio for my review so should I use the TBR passages for my questions?

Any advice would be helpful.

Members don't see this ad.

I used EK Bio for my material understanding but I was wondering what should I use for Biology Passages and etc.? I have been told to ignore the 1001 EK Questions for Bio as they aren't really that helpful.

I was wondering if you guys could recommend something that would give me the essential gist of a regular bio passage on the MCAT without compromising the difficulty of the question. I also have the TBR stuff but I was told to use EK Bio for my review so should I use the TBR passages for my questions?

yes

Audio osmosis can be a good *review* resource. Don't use it to learn the materials.

I think it's pretty much EK bio in an audible format with crappy jokes and cheesy sound effects.

Members don't see this ad :)
Audio osmosis can be a good *review* resource. Don't use it to learn the materials.

I think it's pretty much EK bio in an audible format with crappy jokes and cheesy sound effects.

Lol it is a pretty genius marketing plan though. Basically they have someone read you the review book, throw in a couple noise drops, ad a few jokes that make you go like this :rolleyes:, and sell the product for like 3x the cost of the book.

It did help me, but I would occasionally put it on when I would go for a drive, workout, walking to class, etc.

EK BIO + TBR bio is definitely enough. Just make sure not to take shortcuts when reviewing passages.

Yes, use TBR for bio passages because EK bio passages are too easy. However, Ek bio is sufficient for review. Hope this helps!

Yeah, TPRH is really good. It gives you all you need to know and more, It is like 20-25 bucks on amazon i think. and the practice passages in it are pretty good. If you need to look at some more stuff for content, consider checking out some AP Biology books from your local library.

Tell me why the Audio Osmosis' sound effects are 2-3 times as loud as the person's voice. I only completed 2 CDs until I couldn't continue. I guess it's good review, if you like that stuff.

i hate audio osmosis. i hate them with a passion. i listened there horrendous jibber jabber so long that my ears started to bleed.

I guess people have different ways of learning. I don't think Osmosis does anything for me - my mind drifts away as if I am listening to music.

I feel like I have to concentrate to retain information, but if I were to do that, I might as well just study 'normal' way.

Dunno. Maybe I will turn it on when I am going to bed.