Recommendation for Distance Learning PhD in Organization Psychology

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wob8ly

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Dear All,

I was looking at Chicago School which offer Online blended Degree for PhD. I happen to come across that the recognition of the degree is not very well receive.

As such I am in dilemma. Can someone advise me if there are any reputable Distance Learning which offer PhD related to Organization Psychology? It doesn't matter if the schools reside in UK or US.

Cheers.

Members don't see this ad.

Can someone advise me if there are any reputable Distance Learning which offer PhD related to Organization Psychology?

There are no reputable distance learning programs for an I/O Psychology Ph.D. These programs are typically VERY stats heavy and mentorship is very important. Classwork for almost any Ph.D. is secondary to mentorship and practica, and it is a red flag if any program is very "book"/class heavy.

The business world is one of the few areas more picky than academia about where you went to school (law school is probably the worst), so it is very important to go to a well known traditional program. Online learning is not suitable for this degree, nor is the professional world accepting of an online Ph.D.

For full disclosure, I have a well known bias against online learning, but I also am a former consultant that work with Fortune 50 companies. There are far fewer I/O Ph.D's than clinical degrees, but there are also far fewer spots for I/O Ph.D's. Do yourself a favor and attention a traditional brick and mortar program, preferably with a solid reputation.

There are no reputable distance learning programs for an I/O Psychology Ph.D. These programs are typically VERY stats heavy and mentorship is very important. Classwork for almost any Ph.D. is secondary to mentorship and practica, and it is a red flag if any program is very "book"/class heavy.

The business world is one of the few areas more picky than academia about where you went to school (law school is probably the worst), so it is very important to go to a well known traditional program. Online learning is not suitable for this degree, nor is the professional world accepting of an online Ph.D.

For full disclosure, I have a well known bias against online learning, but I also am a former consultant that work with Fortune 50 companies. There are far fewer I/O Ph.D's than clinical degrees, but there are also far fewer spots for I/O Ph.D's. Do yourself a favor and attention a traditional brick and mortar program, preferably with a solid reputation.

From what I have heard and learned thus far (an A.B.D) student working part time at a consulting firm, I have to agree with everything Therapist says.

The UK has The Open University, but I believe the degrees are terminal at masters. It would be easy for you to look.