Farrah

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 26, 2003
Visit site
Status
Would a letter of recommendation from a medical school professor whose lab I researched in count as one of my science recommendations? Or are those science recommendations only from those professors that are in undergrad? Anybody know?

E

Eraserhead

I had a problem with this. My non-science coursework letter also came from a professor that I did my honors thesis with. I think schools were confused and thought it was a pure EC letter, and I had to explain it once (oddly enough, UCSD emailed me asking about it... no other schools did...) .

I think other schools might have marked me down for this (?), I mean the ones that explicitly state that the letter should discuss coursework and not just personal qualities.

About the Ads

jlee9531

J,A,S
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nov 25, 2002
CA
fantasysports.yahoo.com
Status
Attending Physician
EC letter.

tugbug

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Sep 17, 2003
Visit site
Status
Originally posted by jhk43
if you've been out of school for 5+ years, do they still expect 2-3 professor letters?
I had been out for 5+ and asked this question at several of the schools I thought I might apply to well before the process. They all said pretty much the same thing. They want the letters as they ask for them and expected me to do everything I could to get them. However, they also made it clear that my app could still get considered if I couldnt get the 2-science, 1-non, but it might be a bit of a negative.

In any case, if youve been out for that long they will likely want to see recent coursework anyway. I just got recs from the profs in these classes.

allmightylong

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nov 18, 2003
Wa
Visit site
Status
isn't it ridiculous for people who have been out of school 4+ years to have to get letters from undergrad professor??????

About the Ads