recommendation letter sample from Doctor

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mammad

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone
would you please help for recommendation letter , my doctor would write me letter for medical school and she asked me to write by myself and she will review you and make a change on it.
would you please post me a few sample that what should I say on the letter.
please help me I need a solid letter for my application.

Members don't see this ad.

I don't think there are really many samples. You can do a Google for letter of recommendation samples, but most won't be catered to medical school.

Also, I hope the letter you write has better english than what I witnessed in your post. If english is your second language have someone else read it before the physician.

Reactions: 1 user
I just need a sample not a suggestion .

I don't think there are really many samples. You can do a Google for letter of recommendation samples, but most won't be catered to medical school.

Also, I hope the letter you write has better english than what I witnessed in your post. If english is your second language have someone else read it before the physician.
I used google but I could not find a solid letter , thanks for advise . she will review my letter then sign it.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes, but your English is poor and it would probably be a good idea to give a physician a letter mostly free of grammar and spelling errors.

This article has good points. http://www.startmedicine.com/app/recommendationletters.asp
I know my english is poor , but this is not what I want to talk about , I asked about the sample not make a comment on my english .
by the way thanks for your good advise .

Aside from the ethical implications of writing a letter on your own behalf to be signed by another, take some time to read the following postings:

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/threads/why-is-a-lor-from-doc-you-shadowed-not-beneficial.1141738/

GynGyn's remarks may be particularly useful in determining if a letter from a shadowing opportunity is beneficial. His comment seems to be supported by a number of strong community members including LizzyM.

"Doctors love everybody we let shadow.
Thus, we are incapable of writing a useful LOE.
The worst applicant we ever interviewed had a glowing letter from a physician.
A shadowing letter is, by definition, useless for most MD applications.
DO's do seem to like/request/require DO letters.
If someone who taught you happens to be a physician, send him the AMCAS guidelines:
https://www.aamc.org/initiatives/ad...ers/332572/lettersofevaluationguidelines.html"

Last edited:
I would suggest for you to find a letter writer who knows you well enough to write their own letter. If this doctor cannot write a letter on his/her own, they do not know you well enough.

I agree with this poster from your previous thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.