recommendation letters for Tufts

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

polf

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I noticed on their website:
* Two letters of recommendation (one from a Biology professor and one from a Biochemistry, Chemistry, Math or Physics professor) or a pre-professional composite committee letter;
* A letter from a dentist providing proof of at least 30 hours shadowing experience

I have four recommendation letters so far (2 bio, 1 philosophy, 1 dentist)

No Chem/math/phsyics though(I didn't do so hot in orgo or biochem and all my math and physics were done freshmen year long ago)

Is Tufts really strict about having a chem/math/physics rec?
and also I have no idea if my dentist recommendation put down my # of hours shadowed. (does that matter?)

Members don't see this ad.

yeah they're pretty strict about the LOR's in that one must come from Bio and one more from another science background but that doesn't stop you from getting an interview. If you get one and don't satisfy their requirements, they will tell you to get one in asap.

During my interview they told me that I needed another letter because i only had 2 professors in biology, but they also told me that decisions would be out 2 weeks after my interview. So i waited.

Since i got in after 2 weeks without doing anything, it really comes down to timing. If i applied again i would fulfill all of their requirements just to be safe.

`am