Jul 29, 2016
Status
Pre-Medical
Is it a problem if I don't ask a pre health advisor to write me a recommendation letter. I don't think she knows me that well! I have asked another advisor to write me a letter, and I'm positive she knows me really well. So what are the thoughts??

mitch8017

2+ Year Member
Jun 21, 2016
Status
Pre-Medical
Nope, should be good to go. Just look at school's requirements for LOR and make sure you have enough to meet their criteria. I am not sure I have ever seen one ask specifically for an adviser

wanderingorion

SDN Bronze Donor
Bronze Donor
2+ Year Member
Mar 31, 2015
Status
Medical Student
Are you talking about a committee letter from your pre-health advisor? If not, it's better to have a LOR from someone that knows you well.

wanderingorion

SDN Bronze Donor
Bronze Donor
2+ Year Member
Mar 31, 2015
Status
Medical Student
Do you think that a committee letter is important?
I've seen here that Adcoms are suspicious if you don't utilize a committee letter if your undergrad institution offers one.

starspells

Membership Revoked
Removed
Dec 28, 2015
Status
Pre-Medical
Are you switching from one pre health advisor to another pre health advisor? I don't see why that would be an issue as long as you get a committee letter. If you're just talking about another type of advisor in your school (my school had departmental advisors, for example) I would potentially reconsider that as schools tend to be suspicious if you didn't use your school's committee letter.