KatieJune

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jun 9, 2002
Visit site
Status
SOrry another question about recommendations. When do you send them in? with the secondaries or before during the AMCAS application ?

knish

SUNY Buffalo 2006
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jun 2, 2002
buffalo
Visit site
Status
i sent mine with the secondaries so that i know the school has an actuall file on me and that they will not be displaced...

hope that helps,
knish

relatively prime

post happy member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Apr 28, 2002
Visit site
Status
I'm just curious... how are you people having your recs sent as they are asked for. Are you actually asking your profs "ok, send Pritzkers now" and then a few days later "Ok, now send Vanderbilts" that would drive my profs crazy. I'm just having my pre-med adviosr mail them all for me on the 25th... I figure most, if not all, of my med schools should have at least my AMCAS by then.

P.S. Except for Mayo... I'm not sending my recs to Mayo since they selectively ask for recommendations (only ask for recs from %15!!)... which is kinda wierd.

mpp

SDN Moderator
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 17, 2001
Portland, OR
Visit site
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Mayo doesn't want letters of recommendation until after they interview you since they interview you twice. The first time is on the telephone. If they like you, they invite you for an on-site interview and ask for letters of recommendation at that time.

About the Ads