Dismiss Notice
SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

recommendations - again

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by KatieJune, Jul 22, 2002.

1. KatieJune

KatieJune Senior Member

SOrry another question about recommendations. When do you send them in? with the secondaries or before during the AMCAS application ?

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. knish

knish SUNY Buffalo 2006

i sent mine with the secondaries so that i know the school has an actuall file on me and that they will not be displaced...

hope that helps,
    knish

4. relatively prime

relatively prime post happy member

I'm just curious... how are you people having your recs sent as they are asked for. Are you actually asking your profs "ok, send Pritzkers now" and then a few days later "Ok, now send Vanderbilts" that would drive my profs crazy. I'm just having my pre-med adviosr mail them all for me on the 25th... I figure most, if not all, of my med schools should have at least my AMCAS by then.

P.S. Except for Mayo... I'm not sending my recs to Mayo since they selectively ask for recommendations (only ask for recs from %15!!)... which is kinda wierd.

5. mpp

mpp SDN Moderator
    Moderator Emeritus

Resident [Any Field]
    Mayo doesn't want letters of recommendation until after they interview you since they interview you twice. The first time is on the telephone. If they like you, they invite you for an on-site interview and ask for letters of recommendation at that time.