recommendations

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dr.Su

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi everyone. i was wondering if you send recommendations to all the schools, or can you send some that are different to each school.
also, i would love to know what experiences people have had with "W"'s on their transcript. thanx

Members don't see this ad.

I don't know if you are still in undergrad, but customarily your premed board will complie your recommendations into one and send that off to all med schools.

If you have graduate dand have good reason not to use the board, I suppose you could use different recs for different schools, but I don't see why you would want to. (unless some are DO or something like that)

My undergraduate school doesn't have a pre-medical committee that writes one letter. I got a total of seven letters written for me and sent whichever ones I wanted to each school.

Since I wrote two of them, and four of the others sent copies to me, I knew which ones would complement my application to each school and picked them based on their content. I don't think that most people are lucky enough to be able to do this, though.

thanx for your reply. i was thinking of volonteering with a couple od docs from different institutions, and then sending their recommendation to their respective med school that i am applying to.but i hear what you are saying.